cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV hardisk usage 95% what files to housekeep ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My DEV system has been around for 3 years without any archive and now the hardisk usage has reached 95%.

Understand that I need to delete those unwanted clients in the DEV system. Other than that what other files I can delete at OS level ?

I am planning to delete files that are stored in below directories.

a.) /usr/sap/trans/data/

b.) /usr/sap/trans/cofiles/

c.) /usr/sap/trans/log/

Please advise if there are others that I can housekeep also.

Your advice and input are appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kent,

Under Work directory you will find core files, these are error logs which consume huge size, you can delete these as well.

Regards,

Siv

rahul_bouddha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have something to delete in

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in

Delete if not required.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also refer to Note 16513-File system is full - what do I do

This will tell you what files can be deleted

Rohit

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kent,

Under /usr/sap/trans/data/ folder you can delete the files whose extension is SAP(.SAP).In /usr/sap/trans/cofiles/ you can delete the files whose extension is SAP(.SAP).Again under this folder /usr/sap/trans/log/ you can delete the files which have name starts with SAP (SAP*<SID>files).And in folder /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in you can able to delete all files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafikul Hussain,

May I know what are those *.SAP files and how they are created ?

As advised by Rohit to refer to note 16513, these type of files are not mentioned in the note.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for the core dump in st11, to handle these refer: SAP Note 39261 - Core file is too large

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

these will help

SAP Note 41732 - Deletion of data in transport directory

SAP Note 6604 - Deleting job logs at operating system level

and those files with extension .SAP are the transports related to Support Packs/patches applied in Your system, If those are old or you can say, if SPs are already applied or those were not put there by anybody to apply SPs in near future, then you can delete them

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> May I know what are those *.SAP files and how they are created ?

Dear Kent,

The control file(cofile)s under usr/sap/trans/cofiles(.sap file extension) and data file under usr/sap/trans/data are created during the disassemble phase.That means to say that the cofiles and datafile are created at the time the transport is released.Since the data files contain the data so size of these files are large compared to the cofiles since these files contains the attributes of the data file.

When you uncar a sar file at that time the unpacked Support Packages automatically appear in the EPS inbox of your transport directory.So after patch upgrade you are able to delete all these files in the directory usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.But in future these files may be require for another system upgradation.So it is good if you take the backup of this files in another system.When some other system require the same patch then you just use these files.No need to copy all these again from service market place.

Thanks

Rafikul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not advise you to delete the files under data and cofiles,rather you can move the files from these directories to another location because these may be needed at later stage

You can delete the old work process trace files as they tend to consume a lot of space,look under work directory,there will be lot of old trace and log files which you can delete,this will free up considerable amount of space

Rohit