cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shift up the content of main window when header text is not printed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I'm developing a smartform to print invoice. In each page of the content window, I should display 1 line as vessel name if it's not initial, then display the item lines. But if vessel name is initial, the item lines must shift 1 line up.

if I define this vessel name in main window before the table of item lines, I cannot show vessel name in every page but only the first page. If I define this vessel name as another window out of main window, when vessel name is initial, the item lines will not be able to be shifted up.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Wu Xue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you would be using a table node to display the items.

So, why donot you use the events 'at start of the table' and 'at page break'.

Then in the header event, use an alternative with the header text not initial then print it else use a blank text node with the minimum font.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one separate text node for vessel name. Print this text node in table hedaer. put a condition for this text node if vessel name is initial or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I add the vessel name text in the table header in main window with condition, and it works. Thanks a lot for all above responses.

Best Regards,

Wu Xue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xeu Wu,

Just have gone through the kind of development you are talking of.

Now What I did was.

1. Create 2 FIRST pages i.e FIRST1 and FIRST2.

2. FIRST1 with the vessel line Included and reduced size of item display.

FIRST2 without vessel line and increased size of Item display.

3. Then in condition tab of FIRST1 page windows add g_vessel NE ' '.

and in condition tab of FIRST2 page windows add g_vessel EQ ' '.

Note:- where g_vesel is the variable that carries the data to be displayed in VESSEL line.

4. both of the pages call there next page as PAGE2.(i.e. second page). which would be common to both.

Hope this solves your issue. Incase you face any problem with the above discussion revert back.

Best of luck

Cheers,

Suvendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why cant u create ur Header Text Before table in main window itself. so that it can automatically shifted up when there is no header text.

Give condition to header text (Not intial) in condition tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a text above the main window and dont keep that inside any window and there inside the text in the conditions tab give the condition as Vessel is not initial then it will print according to your requirement. Do the same procedure in the second page also so that it will print in all the remaining pages.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a separate textnode for vessel name and item lines and check for condition in both the nodes.

Suppose you have your vessek name in &gv_vslname& then in condition give as &gv_vslname& NE INITIAL.

I hope this will work, check and revert back.

Regards

Karthik D