cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg multiple statements in JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any idea what the difference between having multiple ACCESS level tags is and multiple STATEMENT level tags? For multiple insertions into the same table, we can have multiple ACCESS level tags under ONE STATEMENT or we can have multiple STATEMENT level tags itself. Both of them work fine, but , what is the internal difference in the way they work?

Because, I need to use update_insert to update/insert into table. But, the problem is with the error handling part. Say if I try to update 100 records in a table and assume 50th record fails. In that case, will all other records be updated except for 50th? Or all will get rolled back if I use multiple ACCESS level tags?? My requirement is to roll back all other updates in case of any error - How to acheive this in DB2??

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Hussain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussian,

Firstly i think we would populate req data in the target with mapping program.

So this suuituation wonot happend if above acaptured.

However for u r question check Sender JDBC Adapter in advance u have

"Additional Parameters"

if it helps

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But, mainly what I look for is to roll back all other updates in case of any error - How to acheive this in DB2?? Any idea?? Otherwise, I need to hit the database for each row, which will decrease the performance.

Thanks,

Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the topic - XI 3.0 JDBC Adapter: Rollback not performed on DB error in this link (autcommit disabled)

http://www.sapag.co.in/JDBC%20Adapter-Type2JDBCDriver%20Deployment.html

Note: 823809

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the same scenario multiple access nodes. This should be ebough to perform the rollbacks even if one message fails.

Easier suggested way would be handling it using stored procedure.

Regardsm

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Multiple Statements means you can perform INSERT / UPDATE / DELETE operation on the same or multiple tables in a DB.

Multiple Access means multiple columns of the table refereed in the Statement....but dont think we have multiple Access tags for the same Statement structure...please correct me if wrong.....an access tag is capable to refer many columns within it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can have multiple access tags in a single statement tag which works like having multiple statement tags for the same TABLE (each having single access tag)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes....we can have multiple access tags in one STATEMENT....thanks for the correction:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think it will update the successful rows in DB