cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI report returns incorrect data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created an OLAP Universe on top of the BEx query and no issues with the Universe. However when I build the webi query on top of the universe, it's returning incorrect data. Looks like it's doing cartesian join.

For example I created a BEx query on the following fields...

. Course Code

. Course Comp Date

. Course Taken By

. Status

For a given course BEx query returning the data correct when run it via BEx analyzer. However when I try to reproduce the same query it's returning course code data for all the dates and for all people.

It's kind of cartesian join between "course taken by" and "Course comp date".

I would greatly appreciate any help. And also detailed information L00 and L01 stuff also would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the similar issue . My data in Bobj report is getting multipleid by 11 in every record.

I check the data in Bex with same objects and filters same as in report, the output is coming correct.

Did anyone able to solve the similar problem ? Please suggest..

Thanks,

Mohit Garg

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the steps would be to trace the actual MDX being asked and the comparing the MDX in transaction MDXTEST.

tracing details can be found here:

Tracing:

Unix : Note 1235111

Windows : Note 1260004

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I am also facing the similar issue . My data in Bobj report is getting multipleid by 11 in every record.

> I check the data in Bex with same objects and filters same as in report, the output is coming correct.

>

> Did anyone able to solve the similar problem ? Please suggest..

>

> Thanks,

>

> Mohit Garg

hi mohit, have solve this issue? i encounter same problem that every record multiplied by 11. anybody help?

0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

This sounds like the bug ADAPT01234509, where the first digit of any key figure is being duplicated in Web Intelligence if it comes from a BW data source. Please see Note 1363136 for further information.

In short, you'll have to apply a patch on your Business Objects installation to resolve this bug.

Regards,

Ilse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has this issue been resolved? We have a similar problem.

Background: BOE XI 3.1 FixPack 1.5

Universe based on BEx query over a Multiprovider

BEx query returns correct results

WebI results are inflated (in our case 11x).

Interesting note. All our universes are built based on BEx queries over Multiproviders, but this doesn't problem isn't consistent. Also interesting is that the WebI results are correct in WebI Rich Client on a pc that has not yet had Fix Pack 1.5 applied.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a similar situation.

My Webi measures does NOT with my BEx CKFs, but those measures built on BEx KFs match.

Dimensions values match with Charectistics values

Background: BOE XI 3.1 FixPack 1.7

Universe based on BEx query over a DSO

BEx query returns correct results

WebI results does not match with BEx results.

Please let me know what are the different steps / approaches / areas I need to investigate?

I tried refreshing the Universe, creating a new Query on top of this Universe, included dimension objects along with the measures in the report, tried L00 and L01 level objects (dimension, measures and details) for those

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your issue seems to be different and I would suggest you create a new entry for it.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The aggregation type in the BEx query was "average" and the default aggregation level on that BEx query that I was seeing in my Webi report was "summation".

So, I solved my problem by changing the aggregation type for those objects in the Universe - by going to object properties to 'SUM'

-

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the SAP BW/BI systems Support pack level, There are a set of SAP notes to be applied to the BW/BI system

after which the issue may get resolved.

For further details please go through OSS note: 1478176

Regards

Dhiraj Wamanacharya

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

are you including any keyfigures into the query panel for Web Intelligence ?

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have anybody got solution to this issue??...we are also facing the same issue with webi report created on SAP-BI Multiprovider. It's creating a cartesian product. whereas in BEX it runs fine.. and also in universe we get two hierarchies as L00 & L01.

-Tushar.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you guys include any measures into the report when creating the query in Web Intelligence ?

In regards to Level 00 and Level 01 : Level 00 represents the aggregated view of the characteristic - basically the ALL member. in case you don't need it you can remove it.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm facing the same issue of incorrect data between BW & BO. The columns section with name COL_CT_ISBU(which is a Structure without Key Figures) in Query Designer appear as a single object named COL_CT_ISBU under the COL_CT_ISBU class in designer. I pull in this object and few key figures and they show up with no data in web Intelligence. But in Query Designer I see data for the key figures.

The prompts that I enter in the WebI are the same as in Query Designer. Other than this I don't see any difference and trying to figure out if I need to modify anything in my Query Designer to make sure that I see data in WebIntelligence.

When I report data out of Infocube I don't face this problem I see all the data correctly but when I use queries I'm facing this issue.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for the reply.

We have created an Universe based on a Multiprovider-Performance Rating which is derived from an Infocube and Infoset.

If we create separate universes based on the Infocube or Infoset, the reports shows correct data.

But when we create reports on the universe which is based on Multiprovider, it results into cartesian product and gives erroneous records.

I have fetched single object-Action Type(Dimension) in the report and it shows that there are unique 5 Action Types in the system.

Then I have fetched single object-Employee Name(Dimension) in 2nd report and it shows that there are total 220 Employees in the system.

In 3rd report, I have fetched Action Type(Dimension) and No. of Employees(Measure) and it shows the distribution of Employees according to the Action Type correctly.

In the 4th report, I have fetched Action Type and Employee Name (both dimensions). but here it is creating the cartesian product between the two and displaying 220*5 = 1100 records.

I have the sample formats for these reports but I don't know how to attach a file/document in this forum.

We are not able to identify as to where exactly is the error and how the Infocube and Infoset are joined at the multiprovider level? If you can provide any solution on this then it will be of great help.

Thanks,

-Tushar

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

2 questions:

- are you using the BW query as a source or the cube directly ? The recommendation is to use the Query.

- on your report #4 are you using any keyfigures in the report ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

- We are not using BW query. Instead we have created the universe directly on the Multiprovider (which is a combination of an InfoCube and an InfoSet).

- In Report #4, I am not using any Key Figure. Both 'Action Type' and 'Employee Name' are Characteristics. And even though I take the Key Figure 'No. of Employees' in this report, it is generating the cartesian product and displaying 220*5 = 1100 records.

Also this is happening only in BO Report. If we create a similar report in BEX then it is not creating cartesian product for the Characteristics but here it is giving erroneous values for the key figure. i.e. these values are getting multiplied by 5, 7, 10 etc. but there is no fix pattern and we are not getting as to how exactly is this multiplication happening.

Further as per your suggestion, we created universe based on this BEX query and then created a BO report. In this case, similar to BEX report, there is no catesian product for the characteristics but it's giving erroneous values for the key figures.

Please suggest in case there is some other option to create the BEX query.

Regards,

-Tushar

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

the recommendation clearly is to leverage the BW Query for the connectivity because when connecting directly to the cube you are losing elements.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/008d15dc-f76c-2b10-968a-fafe5a12...

You mentioned that the query doesn't bring proper either - did you open a case with Support to clarify the query part ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar, hi Ingo,

any news how to solve the issue?

I have a similar problem. I created a BEx Query on top of a DSO. The query contains 5 characteristics, but no key figures. In BEx Query Designer I have selected "Access Type for Result Values" = Posted Values" for each characteristic on the "Advanced" tab.

If I run the query in BEx Analyzer, I get the right data. But then I have created a universe based on that query and created a Web Intelligence report. This Webi report gives me the cartesian product of all values but I have no idea why.

Uwe

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

are you including any measures into the query panel for Web Intelligence ?

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I had no measures in my WebI query.

For testing I have now included one measure in my WebI query and now I get the right result, even if I don't display the measure in my report.

For me it's ok to include one dummy measure in the WebI query, but could you please give some technical background information, why the result is depending on the measure?

Thanks,

Uwe

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you including a measure you asking for the data from the cube that also has a measure.

when you do not include a measure you basically asking the cube to return the data without having to worry about the measure - which means you kind of running a report that shows master data

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Usually it not supposed ti be happen.

Please let me know you are fetching which objects. In webi you should fetch the L00 objects ?

Basically L00 and L01 represent the hierarchies level.

try with the L00 object and let me know the result.

thanks