SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edm rtp billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm used to standard IS-U energy billing, in particular fixed monthly billing, and I'm trying to understand the possibility or Real Time Pricing Billing.

I've got a basilar question.

Suppose I'm dealing with fixed monthly billing as usual, but I loaded meter reading with EDM module for a interval month, with interval time length (i.e) of one hour.

I defined a profile in EDM such that the day is divided in on peak and of peak intervals (i.e.from 8:00 to 20:00 on peak hours, from 20:00 to 8:00 off peak).

Than if I bill the entire month using a rate with a rate interface allocated on it, the input operand of the rate would be the sum of consumption of every day in the right day interval?

Example:

like they tell in the sap help for EDM

( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/7d/a0023b288dd720e10000000a114084/frameset.htm )

using those step in the billing scheme

-

No.

Variant

Input01

Input02

Output01

-

QUANTI01

ONCONSM

ONPRICE

ONAMNT

QUANTI01

OFFCONSM

OFFPRICE

OFFAMNT

-

during the bill in the input operand for the energy consumption I would have the total energy of the month for the two interval of every day of the month ?

In other words the RTP billing necessite a "for day" billing or aggregate the consumption of overall billing period?

Any help woul be very appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Paolo F.C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thomas_allmeroth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

as you described you would create two buckets (result parameter: RTP_ONCONSM, RTP_OFFCONSM) in the RTP-IF. When the RTP interface is executed, the hourly profile values can be transferred to the result parameters. You will get two discrete values for the entire month as aggregate the on-peak and off-peak consumption of overall billing period.

In your rate facts you allocate the RTP_ONCONSM to ONCONSM and RTP_OFFCONSM to OFFCONSM.

In the bill doc you will find an additional tab 'RTP-Analysis' where you can see the split of the hourly consumption into on-peak and off-peak.

Hope this helps, Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

thomas_allmeroth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

as you described you would create two buckets (result parameter: RTP_ONCONSM, RTP_OFFCONSM) in the RTP-IF. When the RTP interface is executed, the hourly profile values can be transferred to the result parameters. You will get two discrete values for the entire month as aggregate the on-peak and off-peak consumption of overall billing period.

In your rate facts you allocate the RTP_ONCONSM to ONCONSM and RTP_OFFCONSM to OFFCONSM.

In the bill doc you will find an additional tab 'RTP-Analysis' where you can see the split of the hourly consumption into on-peak and off-peak.

Hope this helps, Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, I needed such a confirm!

Only one question to be sure, are you talking about your direct experience on EDM or about a collegue experience?In case you directly implemented EDM, cuold we keep in conctact for when I have to implement it

(I'm only in a project quotation stage for now...)? We could share our billing and more generally IS-U experience!

Greetings, thanks again,

Paolo F.C.

pfabbri @estilos.it