cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabling value help forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to populate 70+ items in Adobe form. I am using web dyn pro native enumeration. The drop down shows up if it is less than 50 or so. If it more than 50, when clicked it shows the value help. I would like to show all items in the drop down itself.

Is there any way to suppress the value help and show all the results in drop down?

(I'm using Java web dyn pro)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To fill the Drop Down we can have three ways or so.

FIRST Way (Generally I follow this method):

In the WebDynpro Context, in the main node create another node like A1 with cardinality 0..n and in this node create attributes TEXT and VALUE.

Now goto method and in that method using code wizard read the node A1.

And use the below code snippet sample in your program, i.e. code this under respective method of the webdynpro.

* HERE YOU NEED TO CONVERT THIS CODE BASED ON JAVA LANGUAGE, THE CODE GIVEN 
* BELOW IS IN WEBDYNPRO ABAP 
* I HAVE MENTIONED THIS, SO THAT IT MAY HELP YOU IN SOME WAY OR OTHER

*Declare the TYPES 
TYPES : BEGIN OF TY_TABLE,
TEXT TYPE SOMETYPE,
VALUE TYPE SOMETYPE,
END OF TY_UOM.

*Define Internal Table and work area.
DATA : IT_TABLE TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF TY_TABLE INITIAL SIZE 0,
WA_TABLE TYPE TY_TABLE.

SELECT TEXT VALUE FROM TABLENAME INTO TABLE IT_TABLE.

lr_node_info->bind_table( IT_TABLE ).

And in the Adobe Form Layout

Go to Menu of the Adobe LiveCycle Designer:

Tools>Options..>DataBinding

In that window you just check the Show Dynamic properties Check Box.

Now for the Drop Down go the binding tab in object palette and click on the list items and there specify the Internal Table and specify the text as the internal table text field and value as internal table value field.

OR

From the WebDynpro Native Library Palette use the Value Help Drop Down and in object pallette goto binding tab and provide the form interface binding. Before this in the WebDynpro goto Context and for the particular field under the properties provide the search help as dictionary search help and specify the name of the dictionary search help.

OR

We have another method of setting the Text and Value to the DDL directly in the WebDynpro by coding in the methods, I dont have much knowledge on this.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Edited by: Pradeep Goli on May 27, 2009 6:17 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.It really helped.