Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Configuration of File Adapter

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI Version 3.0 SP13, Planning to upgrade to SP14

In my scenario I need to pick up files from 4 static locations and based on the file name and pick up type(file/ftp) I can find out the destination's connectivity information from a Cross-Referencing table(Based on MS-SQL Database table- I can get this using look API) in this table we maintaining more than 100 destinations(host/user_name/password etc).

Now I need to set the connectivity information dynamically at runtime. I know this is not possible with Standard XI but does anyone thinks this is possible by any technical way using with XI.. Adapter Modules or Java Proxies?

This is very Critical to win the war with other inhouse middleware tools. Please let me know your thoughts and comments...

thanks,

Laxman Molugu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This functionality is not available in XI. You can write the shell script and transfer the file in common folder from which it will be picked up by XI.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxman,

Go through this url's. They might be handy for you:

---Mohan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Laxman,

The only option I find here is executing the Shell Script from the File Adapter. Or executing the Script in the Backgorund and which will poll the Files from the common directory and based on the parameters it should ftp the files into different directory.

If you want to have Dynamic Directories in the one Ftp server then you can do using Varaible Substitution option of SP12(onwards)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy