cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Message Types into one Websphere Message Queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a legacy system that is sending different message layouts into one MQ that XI can read in just fine. But our message parsing settings (MessageTransformBean) are set in the JMS adapter. So I assume we need multiple JMS adapters, each with the correct settings to parse a message type. Using JMS Message Selector we can filter each adapter to only pick up the message type it understands.

However, it seems like i need to duplicate each configuration object agreement / determination and also the Message Interface / Service Interface in Integration Builder Design. This opens up a lot of redundancy and room for errors.

I know we can make this work by sending unique message types each down their own Queue. But our server admins want us to combine this down to a shared queue for easier monitoring.

Does anyone have some good suggestions or examples on how the handle the message parsing in the adapter so that multple message types can go down the same Websphere Message Queue?

Best regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

I am not sure if I can help but I will try to explain our process. We are mapping 4 different transactions on XI and then sending to MQ via JMS Receiver adapter. We are not parsing any messages on the adapter. Each transaction has its own receiver agreement, receiver determination and interface determination. Hope this helps!

Laura

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By setting a separate Comm channel for each message type, they can be pointed to a single queue and they filter on some message header criteria based on JMS Message Selector. The MQ must be configured to allow non-exclusive access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kai and Laura.

I'm happy to use a separate JMS adapter for each message type so that the parsing works correctly. Then we can set the MQ to Shared mode and multiple listeners can attach. Each one will only listen according to its own JMS Message Selector. To this point I'm OK.

But taking this to the next step, I think will need for each message:

1) Comm Channel

2) Sender Agreement

3) Reciever Determination

4) Interface Determination

5) Message Interface (Service Interface)

6) Interface Map

Is this the best way to have multiple message types inside one MQ?

Many thanks,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is correct.

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope I understood your requirement correct:

You are sending different message types to one MQ queue and want to read them out of this queue with just one JMS sender channel?

This is not possible I think. You need to configure a JMS sender channel and MQ queue per each message type.

Regards,

Kai