cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to transport XML Form after changing the XSL file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have generated some XML Forms using the Form Builder in the Content Management. After applying my changes on the XSL file under the Form folder in the “etc\xmlforms…” changes took effect immediately.

My problem occurs when I transport these forms from my portal to another portal. After the transport I found the folders in the KM area but they did not show up in the forms menu and in order to make them appear I had to regenerate them through the Form Builder, but the cost of doing this will be overwriting my changes on the XSL files of these forms.

Questions:

Is there a way to move the XML forms from a portal to a portal without the need of regenerating the forms.

If not…

My changes simple are adding a special font and a special color to the content. Is there a way to do these changes through the form builder it self before generating the form in the first place.

Thanx,

ABD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

Is this ICE Transport package work for u ?

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

No same thing anyhow thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use ICE protocol. On the other hand, there is hide repository called ICE.

You can create a km navigation iview to point \ice.

When you run it: choose \ice\syndicator\Global Offer and then create a link to \etc\xmlforms (using context menu)

After that, you must click in Complete Package link.

At last, from remote portal, Content Management -> Content Exchange-> Package Upload, (import the package)

This is a very simple method to import and export any things.

Also, you can scheduler it.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

to transport the km data, follow this procedure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ed/205593f65c9a4b9eff99a4ed14f42f/content.htm

and to transport the km config follow this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/029c414c79b25fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

i think for your case the second link will be useful..

thanks