cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Runtime systems for a Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to the NWDI administration,here am having some quries for configuring Track related data.

We are using NWDI 7.0 SP18 having local SLD with both roles as landscape and Name server.

We have a requirement to build a new .SCA for MDM-EP perspective.So,we have created a new SC in SLD and created the domain and track for the newly created SC in CMS.

When we are initially creating a track for newly created SC,we selected runtime systems as DEV,Test and production.

Here we have one consolidated tab,where it will integrate all the changes in WS-CONS when we imported the requests.But here what kind of system details we need to provide for consolidation,Because we have already identified 3 sepate systems for DEV,QAS(TEST) and PROD.is it necessary to identify a separate system for consolidation?or is it a simply root path for DEV-to-QAS.

2.For developing with Track,we need to provide the Component Build Service (CBS) with the environment for building the components by importing required .SCA's(SAP-JEE,SAP_BUILDT,SAP_JTECHS).We have imported these SCA's in to DEV before using the track by DEV team.After that these components are added to consolidate tab as well.So,do we need to import all the standard .SCA's in to all the runtime systems for this track?(Pls.Note that all Runtime systems are at same NW 7.0 SP18 level).

Please provide your valuable suggestions to make myself understand this Java transport concepts clearly.

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Sanam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanam,

If your development environment does not require consolidation, there is no need to specify consolidation in runtime system during track definition

When you create track, by default it creates development configurations(buildspace in CBS and workspace in DTR) for both development and consolidation. Consolidation system is used in a scenario where before releasing your changes to QA system directly from development, you want to make sure it is tested and defect is fixed.

Required SCAs need to be imported into runtime system only if your runtime system does not contain the required SCAs with the same opatch level. If you have already patched your runtime system with required SCAs(either via JSPM/SDM), you do not need to import it again from track.

But for development system, you need to import, especially in case where you are importing other SCAs(like ESS) which has dependency on thre 3 base SCAs'

Regards,

Bhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification.Now we are facing an issue related to broken DC's once we imported the relased requests in to Consolidation phase.

Our developer activated and released 2 change requests.Once it got released it will automatically comes to the consolidation after successful build and autoimport in DEV system.we have tried to import the change requests in to the consolidation(No physical run time system is assigned to the consolidation)---In this phase if you import the chage requests in to consolidation phase:

Repisitory-Import is finished successfully

CBS-Make:identified the broken DC's after CBS Build process

SDM-Deployment Notication:No deployment,because no runtime system is defined.got finished successfully.

So,the DC's got broken during CBS Build phase.After some analysis,we identified the dependency SCA's got missed out in Consolidation.So,we imported the required SCA Components again in to the consolidation for build purpose.Here we again tried by adding those relased change requests to the consolidation queue and imported again.But still,the CBS Build identifying the Broken DC's.Our development SCA has the dependency software components as (SAP_EU,SAP_BUILDT,SAP_JEE,SAP_JTECHS).Thse components are successfully imported in to DEV and can able to see it from NWDS.The same components are imported successfully in to the consolidation as well,but from out 4 components we can able to see only 3 components except SAP_EU in NWDS.

1.So,is that causing any Build problem for my relased change requestes?If yes,why it was missing in consolidation(re-imported twice for SAP_EU).

2.we tried importing the released CR's without checking dependecies are available for consolidation.Is that causing my DC's broken for build phase?

Please suggest your ideas,how can i make my CBS-Build process OK for relased requests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the CBS WebUI to compare your development and consolidation buildspaces (*_D and *_C). Make sure the base SC's are imported into the consolidation stage by checking the total nr. of DCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting the below error while importing the transport from Consolidation system. We moved from Consolidation tab to Assembly" Tab, but after that got the 6 "Broken DCs" under the *_C(cons), no error in *_D(Dev) . Whe i was trying to build these dc again then got the below error.

[javac] ERROR: /usr/sap/EPD/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/24/.B/6794/DCs/sap.com/fscm/bd/ebpp/_comp/src/packages/com/ndpl/ebpp/CustomerExtensions/Zuces_Notif_Get_Data_Input.java:2: package com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core does not exist

[javac] ERROR: public class Zuces_Notif_Get_Data_Input extends com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.AbstractType{

[javac] ERROR: ^

[javac] ERROR: /usr/sap/EPD/JC02/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/24/.B/6794/DCs/sap.com/fscm/bd/ebpp/_comp/src/packages/com/ndpl/ebpp/CustomerExtensions/Zuces_Notif_Get_Data_Input.java:4: package com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core does not exist

[javac] ERROR: private static final com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.BaseTypeDescriptor staticDescriptor ;

[javac] ERROR: ^

Please suggest me how to overcome from this error.

Can i deploy the .EAR file directly in the Quality? i can not see any .EAR in the NWDS. i am working on UCES application.

Regards,

Narpal

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess the dependent components should be deployed prior to the component. Since it is trying to resolve teh dependencies and come across a component which is not there in Consolidation.

Cheers-

Pramod

Answers (0)