cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPLIT DELIVERY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know all the reason why the system split the order into 2 delivery.

In my issue :

I have an order with 2 items :

Item 1 --- Plant a

Item 2 --- Plant b

So, the system create 2 delivery for each item. How can i make only one delivery for this order.

Thanks for your quick answer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When two items are delivering from 2 different plants obviously the shipping points will be differ. so the system should split the order into delivery.Prerequisites for splitting the delivery, shipping point, shipto party, schedule lines and payment terms should be same.thenonly splitting will not happen.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Murthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are a few more criteria's for delivery split.

Delivery Split depends on the following criteria:

1) Ship to party

2) Delivery date

3) Plant

4) Shipping point

5) Shipping conditions

6) Transportation group

7) Loading group

😎 Item categories of materials

Delivery split happen when the requested quantity by customer is not full met, then the system proposes different delivery dates or schedule lines dates based on material availability.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked all this points. The only different point between item 10 et 20 is the PLANT

This message appear :

Item 20 cannot be shipped in the same delivery with the other items in the document because the header data (VKOIV) is different. the VKOIV item field has the value X, but in the delivery checked for concatenation it has the value Y.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want them to be delivered on the same deliver then ensure that the plants have a common:

- Shipping point

- Ship-to-party

- Delivery due date

- Route

- Incoterm

By doing this your issue will be resolved.

regards,

shahzad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said there are two plant A and plant B. So naturally, as stated above, there would be 2 different shipping points. And you must be knowing that deliveries can be processed only from SINGLE SHIPPING POINT

So kindly check the if there are two different shipping points in Sales Order at Item level

Or try to maintain single plant for both the items. Also, check the settings for shipping point determination. It will give you some idea.

Hope this will help you little

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same shipping point in the order.

In custo, we have assigned the 2 plants for the same shipping point.

I think the issue is in the field VKOIV. are there any custo for intercompany billing?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This qusetion has been answered manya times in the forum.

In standard settings , system combines the order items into one delivery, provided they have same characteristics as mentioned below, like

- Shipping point

- Ship-to-party

- Delivery due date

- Route

- Incoterm

Ensure that all the above data are same for all the oder items you want to combine otherwise there will be an automatic split and you can not combine them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some split criteria for splitting deliveries some are

different ship to parties

route

delivery date

unloading point

Check in your delivery if these are different,

and also the copy control routines.

Thanks,

Raja