cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change an agreement owner?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completed an import of master agreement and agreements. Many are set with me as the owner, and I would like to change the owner to the correct person. Is it possible to change the owner or only add someone as a collaborator?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the standard contract templates from RG, if so please enter user login id for DOC_OWNER_USER this will be show correct contract owner name once contract is loaded successfully. You can have your user id under COLLABORATOR_1 incase you need access to this contract(s)

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamalakar ~

I tried this before seeing your note. Yes, this did work.. I did not have add me in COLLABORATOR1 field, the system automatically set me as a collaborator and the new person as the owner.

This is great!

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

contracts.contract for the MA or contracts.agreement for the A. You can find this information in the Resource Guide (RG) it is listed undername. This import format is a little tough to work through but it does work.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still trying the document.collaborator importer, but still having issues. In the meantime I had the idea of using the contract and agreement importer, and just using the UNIQUE_DOC_NAME & DOC_OWNER_USER field only for master agreements (contracts on importer sheet) and CONTRACT_UNIQUE_DOC_NAME, UNIQUE_DOC_NAME & DOC_OWNER_USER in the agreements importer sheet. This worked like a charm. It added the new person as the owner and changed me to a User / Collaborator.

Thanks everyone for your help!

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes it is possible to change the owner of a document. See the note below.

Regards,

James

The collaborator importer provides support for importing collaborators on any document that supports them. The importer is listed as 'Document Collaborator' in the import data wizard that is found in system setup.

Collaborators are uniquely identified by their principal (user or group), their type (user or group), and their role (owner, collaborator, etc).

To support updating these values on the collaborator, the importer expects two sets of columns for each of these attributes:

LOOKUP_PRINCIPAL, LOOKUP_COLLABORATOR_TYPE, LOOKUP_ COLLABORATOR_ROLE, PRINCIPAL, COLLABORATOR_TYPE, COLLABORATOR_ROLE.

Each of the columns that begin with 'LOOKUP_' is used to lookup the collaborator to be updated. The other columns are the new values used for the update.

Collaborator Roles that do not allow multiple entries, such as the Owner role, are treated specially. Since there can only be one principal, the LOOKUP_PRINCIPAL column can be left blank for these collaborator updates.

If the document that contains the collaborators has an external ID, then that should be used in the PARENT_EXTERNAL_ID column. For all other cases, the document's unique doc name should be used in the PARENT_UNIQUE_DOC_NAME column. Only one of these columns should be used at a time for each record.

When used in a workbook, the 'Internal Object Type' for the new importer is 'doc.collaborator'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James~ Thanks, I will give this a try today and let you know my results.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

The importer is expected a value in CLASS_NAME... only thing I can find to what this means is..."The logical class name of the parent class" . That does not help me much. Any idea what value should be in there?