cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy partner from PO to inbound delivery

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi! I have create new partner function called FA and am able to maintain with other partner functions such as CR for the vendor master. When I create the PO, these partners are copied to the PO. However, when I create an inbound delivery for the PO, only CR is copied over but not FA. I have checked the configuration but couldn't find anything wrong with the set up. Does anyone know whether standard SAP can be configured to copy all the partners over? Have I missed out a config?

Thanks

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls check if partner determination is set correctly IMG > Logistics Execution > Shipping > Basic Shipping Functions > Partners > Partner Determination.. One idea is to set function FA to Mandatory in your procedure (guess it's EL?) to see if any error occurs (it would mean something wrong in the determination).

Best regards,

Zuzana.

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for information. This config change is not helping to copy the vendor partner profile from purchase Oder.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

have you set your custom part.func. to Mandatory and then created new delivery whilst no error occured? Strange.. I will further check what could be missing.

BR,

Zuzana

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes the partner function is getting copy from PO to inbound delivery but without partner number " " which is maintened in PO .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also having the same problem but after looking into the source code it is not possible to copy another partner different than LF (Vendor) to the inbound delivery with customization. A user exit or a BADI will be necessary.

I have an explanation if you're interested in technical details:

When an inbound delivery is created, the partners are determined in

FM SHP_COPY_PARTNER_FROM_PREC_DOC

FORM FILL_VBPA_SINGLE.

There you'll see that the code only handles the following partners WE(SH)Ship to party, AG(SP) Sold to party, LF(VN) Vendor and SP(CR) forwarding agent.

Previous to this, program RM06EANL (called by txn VL34), field LIFNR is the only field filled in structure XKOMDLGN. Field SPDNR is not filled at all, in this way, there is no chance that even forwarding agent gets copied in the function described in the previous paragraph.

pd: The system gives all parameters for creating an inbound delivery into structure XKOMDLGN and executing FM RV_DELIVERY_CREATE.

Regards.

[ivo]