cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription mail without Read Permission

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a repository to which i have subscribed Notification Service.

For the repository i have given read only permission and i have subscribed a few users to it who will get email notifications.

I get email notification when a new document is created in the repository.

All this is working fine.

Now i have removed all the permissions for all the users who have subscribed to this folder and even then they are getting notification email when a new document is getting created in the repository.

I want to know if this is the way it works because logically if I dont have any permission on the documents or repository i should not get any mail either irrespective of my having susbcribed to that repository.

Can i modify the current behaviour and how?

Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not unsubscribe these users from this folder ?

Independlenty of these permissions, each time that you upload or modify a document a new notification will be sended.

When a user receive this mail, try to access this link and in this moment will be validated document permission.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patricio,

I have the following scenario :

I have a very large number of documnets which will be saved in same repository.

A number of users are subscribed to get notification whenever a new document comes into the repository.

But each of these users do not have permissions to all the documents.Each user will have permissions only to a few documents in the repository.

So i cannot unsubscribe user from the repository.

I want each user to get a notification email whenever a document is created for which he will have read permission.

Could u tell me how to achieve this functionality.

Do i need to write some program for it or do i need to make some configuration changes in the repository.

Thanks

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you organize the repository into to folders and set both subscription and permissions to these folders?

If you do not do this - how do you set permissions to documents you are creating?

Regards Lars Askholt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lars,

I am programatically asssigning permissions to documents that will be created in the repository.

My requirement is now that only those users who will have permission on the document should get a notification mail.

For eg.

I have 200 documnets in my repository.

i have 10 users.

Now not all the the 10 users have permissions on all the 200 documents.

So the notification mail should go to only those users who have permission on a documnet when that documnet gets created in the repository.

i want to know how i should do this.

is it to be done programatically or can i make some settings in the repository or else where to get the desired result.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using ACL, each time that a document is uploaded are modified access permissions. Due to not all users have the same permissions.

A simple idea is use classification. Can you classify document using some criteria ? By example: group of users, areaas, deptarment so on.

When a document is uploaded is assign this value. Then you create an index (to classify) this information.

After that, you create km navigation iviews to point the folders where theses documents were classified.

\taxonomies\index-name\area1

\taxonomies\index-name\areaN

Subscribe your group user each one of this folders.

Other idea is create a repository service.

Patricio.