cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when adding BAPIs to a C# Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a problem when I try to drag and drop a bapi from the server explorer to the sap proxy on my project.

I'm getting this error message:

"the system cannot find the file specified"

and behind this window there's another window that has on it's caption : "retrieving data", "loading data. this may take some time", but when the status bar arrives to the end, it doesn't do anything...

the strange thing is that I can see the whole list of BAPI available for my project on the server explorer, but I can't add them to my project.

we have 3 sap servers (development, staging and production), my BAPI can be found on all of three servers, but I can't add the BAPI from any of the servers.

do you have any idea of why is this happening ?

Thank you all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both guys.

I solved the problem.

My problem was with Java Runtime as you said Reiner.

Thank you so much for your help.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please mark my answer above with "Solved Problem"?

Thanks,

Reiner.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds as if the Java virtual machine can not be found (.NET Connector uses a Java program to read the metadata of a BAPI). Please check the registry at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

Then take the value of "CurrentVerion" as name of SubKey and look in the value of "JavaHome". This should point to a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). It needs to contain a "BIN" folder with "Java.exe" in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adami,

I guess you should include corect path while connecting to the bapi like /SOMO/GET_TIMEZONE. Hope it will solve your problem

Regards

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot to tell you I'm using SAP .NET CONNECTOR version 2.0 to communicate with SAp from my C#.NET app.