cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want Automatic scheduling in case I partially confirm the activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one network with two activities having FS relationship with duration for ex.10 & 20Days.

Activity 1: ES = 01-01-2009 & EF = 10-01-2009 (Date -Month - Year format)

Activity 2: ES = 11-01-2009 & EF = 30-01-2009

I havedone the following settings:

1) Adjust Basic Dates

2) Automatic Scheduling

3) In confirmation parameters - Propose dates

Now I had done the partial confirmation of activity 1 with actual start 03-01-2009 & Actual Finish 11-01-2009 & forcast duration 2 days

Now when i save the NW or Project but system dose not do the automatic scheduling Earliest dates remain same .For this I have to do manually

Can some one help so that the system schedule automatically & the result would be as

Activity 1: ES = 03-01-2009 & EF = 13-01-2009

Activity 2: ES = 14-01-2009 & EF = 03-02-2009

Regards,

Deependra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepender,

You have planned only nornal duration for both activities. even though automatic scheduling is selected for network system will not consider actual date into schedule dates. same you confirm partially with capacities in your activity and observe the changes in your schedule dates after partial confirmation.

Regards,

hari krishna.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The ES and EF dates are the dates for planning only. Scheduling is done for the planning purpose only.

Once you do the actual / partial confirmation of the activity, the difference between your planned visa-vis your actual dates will help you to understand your planned credentials.

Regards,

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the data will not transfer to the scheduling date then how the critical path change during the course of time.

Regds,

Deependra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using WBS scheduling or network scheduling? For network scheduling goto OPU6, check for required plant and network order type and check Adjust Basic Dates key ' ' and Automatic Scheduling.

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deependra

Check whether

'scheduling' is flagged in the control key of the operation.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal, Thanx for the reply. Yes scheduling is tick in control key

regds,

Deependra

anishpv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the new set of the earliest/latest dates after confirmation;

select the network Goto Edit>dates>schedule.

regards

pv