Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottle Deposit (Beverage industry)

hetal_parikh3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has implemented this, and also to review my solution.

In USA, 11 states recycle bottle/can containers and beverage companies typically collect 5 or 10 cents deposit if customer is not reseller. F&B Best practises does not have any solution, but my solution was simple:

Surcharge condition with access seq:

1. Shipto/Mat Price group (this is exception when shipto determines whether deposit should be collected, and not Sold to)

2. Country/Region/Cust Price group/Mat Price group

(Country and Region of Shipto, Soldto Customer price group = 01 if deposit is to be collected; Mat Price group = 01 if container is < 24oz and = 02 if container is >= 24 oz).

My client just collects deposit, they don't receive back empty containers. We would have custom report/query to report on deposits.

thanks a lot,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Providing there is no tax difference between price of goods and empties deposit your solution is ok. Otherwise you should consider using EA-CP (former IS-BEV) functionallity called Empties Management, but it is rather designed for returnable packaging, not one way.

Regards,

Marcin

hetal_parikh3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

thanks, would reconfirm but deposit is not taxed; They don't accept returns of those bottles, cans.

best regards,

Hetal

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

When deposit is not taxed and goods are taxed it is not that easy. The deposit would increase the base of which the tax is calculated. When the rate of tax for deposit is different from the rate of tax for goods you need to use BOM with deposit items being subitems and main items being goods sold (we have this case in Europe).

Regards,

Marcin

hetal_parikh3
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are still into blueprint phase, and planning on using Vertex for tax; Hoping we would handle that.

thanks a lot,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My case its almost same but we accept returns of those bottles, cans and return the money to customers at POS.

do we need to use sap standard functionality for Empties Management ?, or is there any other way to handle it.

Please suggest on this.

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar Minhas on Jul 6, 2010 9:16 PM

Edited by: Ajay Kumar Minhas on Jul 6, 2010 9:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My case its almost same but we accept returns of those bottles, cans and return the money to customers at POS.

do we need to use sap standard functionality for Empties Management ?, or is there any other way to handle it.

Please suggest on this.

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar Minhas on Jul 6, 2010 9:16 PM