cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive repository with Mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a repository build on MDM 5.5 SP6. When trying to make an archive based on a mask, the archive option for the masks is deactivated. What can I do to activate this option?

Best Regards,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

To create an archive with Mask you should have atleast one mask in order to have the Mask optionto be active.

You can create mask in Data Manager and then try archive using Mask option.

Best Regards,

Silpa Chillakuru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined several masks, but the mask option is still deactivated.

BR,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

The mask option will be enabled only if created masks have records.

If your mask is empty it will be archieved along with the schema option as normal archieve.

Mask option is available to archieve the selected mask along with the subset of records falling into that constraint.Check whether your masks have records associated with them.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

It is not necessary to have records in Mask and then only the Mask option gets enabled. Its just the presence of mask which enables this option though it is not useful to create the archive with empty mask only.

I tried this at my end and its working as expected. i am on 5.5.61.48 version

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Problem solved, I found a note telling that there where some problems with this when the language for the repository is different from english...

In my case the repository is multilingual and I usually use norwegian. I logged in with english language, build a new mask and added som records. Then the mask option was activated and archiving the mask worked well.

So, for a permanent correction of this situation I would have to implement the note.

BR,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Mask option would get activated if the repository you are trying to archive has masks defined in the Masks table.

Login into the datamanager for the repository you want to archive and check the Masks table. In your case it should not have any maks

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja