cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPERATION DETAILS IN ROUTING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

In the operation details of routing- CA01 there is control -either based on time or Quantity for every operation. What it mean. If time based is it denoting the time for the particular operation. What it mean if "quantity based " is preferred.Can I have details please.

Also will you give a scenario with some operations mentioned where I can use routing.

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav

You can either post the scrap in rework or scrap. if reworking of the material is possible make use of rework and trigger the rework order where you can collect the cost and goods issue

Regards

gajesh

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajesh, thanks

Please give PP forum link also.

Pranav

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav

Yes rework order is just like normal production. But there is a seperate concept for that such as rework order which is not material specefic, it will be of rerence operation set. it trigers automaticaly. you can get the details if you search for rework order in PP forum.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gajesh

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajesh

"trigger the rework order where you can collect the cost and goods issue"

Any transac codes involved here? Is rework order similar to production order.after that why cost is involved and goods issue ( is this for 04 type inspn)

thank u

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh

If out of 100 no 10 go waste/scrap, how much to enter in the production order for 03 type --> 90 no.s or 100 no.s. since no stock posting in 03 type, when 04 inspn comes should we need to put 90 no. only in the production order.

Also pl guide to map my scenario which I gave as a new thread -->

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very valuable guidance

Thank u Gajesh

I come back if any more guidance needed.

regards, Pranav

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav

1) It is little bit different from what you have understood. if you are doing partial confirmation in the first operationf for 10 quantities then you have to do the partial confirmation for all other operation.

Suppose you have partialy confirmed 90 quantities ( out of 100) the last 10 quantities you will confirm it as final confirmation. Which means first operation is completed. there will be no further confirmation in the first operation. final confirmation hs to be done for all the operation ( it is not only for the last operation)

Do not give UD after partial confirmation of 10 quantities. only after all quantities have got confirmed then give the UD

2)Production will have to wait for 4 th process,till QM clears 3rd process - if you do the settings for the same. OPK4 > Plant / order type > Operation sequence> maintain Error if operation sequence is not followed. so this will prevent 4th operation to be confirmed if 3rd operation confirmation is not done

3) Scrap can be done through confirmation. or if the wastage is constant you can include the same in the BOM .

regarding scrap there is a very good blog written by Keerthi on scrap. please find the link for the same

Link: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13747] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh

I am getting clear. But tell if I understand right. If first process- forming, is for every 10 mts interval, 10 no.s are produced in first ten minutes, can now I make partial confirmation for 10 no.s. after this immediately 2nd process for every 20 mts interval, after 20 mts can now I confirm this 10 no.s as partial confirmation. Then go for 3rd process, quality check, which done every half an hour. now i confirm partilally this 10 no.s along with results recording& usage decision ( usage decision made for the 10 no only). Finally partial confirmation for painting- 4 process.

This steps repeated till as you said, 100 number of production order quantity is finally confirmed upto last operation. I think this should be right.

Will production wait for 4 th process,till QM clears 3rd process - by result recording,usage decision

regarding wastage/ scrap, which vary from time to time by processes ,can we fix a definite percentage as wastage/ scrap ( and this will not create any stock difference ?). Are we to take a maximum limit as wastage in BOM so that any loss be accounted through BOM.

Pranav

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav

Please understand the concept. Taking the same example and also considering you need to produce 100 quantity of a particular product.

1) Production is a continous process. Mostly it is not the case that 2nd operation will start only after the entire process of first operation is complete. So the confirmation in the first operation will take place partialy , means 10 pcs, 15 pcs etc. when you think you have completed the first process the last confirmation will be a final confirmation, which means there is not further confirmation in the first process. it is not that you have toconfirm the production quantity or the target quantity but you have to confirm what is actualy produced

2) if your 3rd operation ie the quality check is not either time based or quantity based then you can maintain No relation in the operation detail

3) it is possible that production person can confirm through C011N the Qm operation. but there are some standard controls as provided in OPK4 > Plant / order type > Results Rec. (QM) > Error message if not inspection results exits. this will give error while doing CO11N ifresult recording is not done in 03 lots

4) regarding wastage this already taken care in the Bill of materials wherein you mention this much percent of the material will be lost

Hope this helps

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh, Thanks

I take your case - "Suppose you have 4 operation. Forming, lathing , quality checks and painting. Normaly in production system you will have a quality check in between the process".

here check necessary in 3rd step - quality check. So am I to select time based / quantity based for operation -3 only ( because only it will have MIC ). Can I go without selecting time based / quantity based option also (if so how - what option i need select in the operation details for the 3rd operation).

Next, in CO11N. I confirm operation -1 ( here what option I hav to select - either partial confirmation / final confirmation). As per my logic, only partial confirmation need to be selected (what quantity I hav to enter here for yield- is it the total production order quantity = total target quantity).

similarly, 2nd operation- lathing- I select partial confirmation- enter yield/scrap etc

3rd operation is qc check- is it possible that production person will confirm this step in co11n itself without waiting for the qc person to confirm using QA32. ( here what yield to be entered and how if we use QA32 )

4th -painting - finally ( as my logic goes -final confirmation selected and operation confirmed for the total production order quantity)

Tell me if right. I noticed that if final confirmation option selected in the first operation itself, all the 4 operations can be confirmed in the co11n itself ( by selecting final confirmation option for all 4 operations)by the production department. Am i wrong somewhere. If this is so, how Qc person has control over the process.

Also what yield /scrap quantity will be entered for each 4 operations in co11n ( is it mean the wastage occuring in each step =scrap and remaining quantity =yield). If so the final yield by operation -4 will be surely less than the production order quantity ( if wastage occurs during lathing/forming)

regards,Pranav

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav

Pankaj is absolutely right. He has explained it very well also.

Suppose you have 4 operation. Forming, lathing , quality checks and painting. Normaly in production system you will have a quality check in between the process. And once the final operation is complete you will have the final product testing ie the 04 inspection.

In the confirmation process of the routing operation there are no controls available for the QM person to reject. In those cases 03 inspection helps to give QM person a control on the confirmation process.

The features of the 03 inspection are

1) it allows the QM person a control on confirmations. ( You can do the CO11n confirmation in QA32 itself)

2) 03 allows you to record results on time basis or quantity basis. It is not mandatory to do that. Time based and quantity based are used onky if needed.This helps in providing predetermined inspection point (not lots) for recording the results and helps in the process control charts, first pass yield calculation

Please let me know the process you need to map so that we can give an appropraite solution or steps for the same

any questions on the above will be welcome

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

Will you tell me a scenario in engineering industry or any, with 4-5 operations where I will use time based/ quantity based routing.

Also tell me if to use final confirmation or partial confirmation in CO11n for each operations.

Thanks

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj &Gajesh

Thanks.

Gajesh you told

"Suppose you have a production system wherein you need to capture some parameters on hourly based like humidity , temperature. so by using the time based inspection and if you maintain the time as 1 hour you will get inspection point on hourly basis so that you can record your results every hour.

same like that quantity based can be used if you have requirement such that after production of every 10 quantity you need to check the parameters"

We have PP operations and QM operations in routing,normally QM operation need check. but we mark time based /quantity based indicator for PP operation also which have no MIC (correct if wrong). If there are 3 PP operation and 2 QM operation, is system create inspection lot every 1 hour / every 10 quantity.Help me with some example of a routing with 3 PP , 2 QM operation and tell me Quantity/ time based inspection. Gajesh, if all 5 operations has time/quantity based inspection how many inspection will system make for each operation and upto what limit because every 1 hour means, when will the inspection end. Not able to understand please.

regards, Pranav

former_member206980
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you take into mind, you will not get inspection lot for every hour, you have to record inspection result in the same inspection lot at predetermined time interval, if you put one hour in the settings it doesn't mean you will get inspecton lot each hour or system will force you to record inspection result at or after one hour. you can also record inspection result after half an hour or whatever it may me.

But advantages is that system capture each time inspection record separately in an inspection lot, that's why it has provision that you can put your identification at each and every time of result recording so that you can trace the result easily later on.

Edited by: pankaj jadhav on May 28, 2009 6:09 AM

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav

Using the either time based or quantity based you can create inspection point automaticaly.

The functionality works like this

Suppose you have a production system wherein you need to capture some parameters on hourly based like humidity , temperature. so by using the time based inspection and if you maintain the time as 1 hour you will get inspection point on hourly basis so that you can record your results every hour

same like that quantity based can be used if you have requirement such that after production of every 10 quantity you need to check the parameters

hope you got an idea

regards

Gajesh

former_member206980
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

These indicators are related to inspection points, this functionality, you can use when you need to record inspection Multiple time in specified period or quantity in a inspection lot. it is generally used for inprocess inspection.

For incorporating this component you have define inspection point and assigned it in the inspection plan at header level, and have set indicators at operation level and also set partial lot assignment.