cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager instance install with on differnt platform than ERP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a project to implement Solution Manager 7.0 in our landscape (SAP 4.7). Our current servers are running on HP-UX 11 with Oracle 9.4.0.2 database. We are considering implementing SolMan on a different OS (Linux & Windows the primary candidates, the DB is yet to be determined, but will likely be Oracle 10 or MS SQL) that will allow for easier monitoring for the existing admins. I have heard that if an instance is created on a platfor other than the typy we're already using, that SAP requires an expensive "certification" of this platform that will be added to the existing system. I have heard numbers in the $100,000 range for this, possibly per server. Is this true, and where can I find more information on this subject?

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom, in SAP that's call Heterogeneous system landscape. You should read this note Note 1067221 - Composite note for heterogeneous installation for mor information about it.

About the "certification" I don't think that's true, because SAP has been working on this from many years.

Hope this could help.

Regards,

Darwin