cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI WRAPPER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a new problem concerning Bapi wrapper when i try to insert new data.

Actually, i get a message from the DOE, telling me that the bapi wrapper does not return any header key.

The problem is that, the primary key in the backend table is a composite primary key. Therefore, no primary key is generated while datas are inserted.

Is there any way to dodge this problem ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned that its a composite key. Have you checked the corresponding fields in dataobject as BE key field? Atleast one of the composite keys will be filled in and returned right?

All the fields making a composite key in BE should be marked as BE key in the corresponding dataobject node.

SDOE_WB>dataobject>Node Structure>Click on header node>Node attributes

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply Liji,

I've already set those composite keys as Key BE Fields in the DO.

In fact, those composite keys are sent by the custom device to the DOE to be inserted in the backend. Therefore no keys has to be generated by the backend and return by the bapi wrapper.

Perhaps, in this case, we need to create a "phony" primary key in the backend table in order to be handled by the bapi wrapper ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that you are trying to create a new entry in backend via DOE.

Create BAPI wrapper is invoked passing these keys generated in custom service.

Is this data getting inserted correctly in the BE table?

The create BAPI wrapper's Exporting parameterlist will be containing the header keys (multiple keys in your case).

I suppose these keys given there will be available when Create BAPI is executed(even if they are generated in custom service and given to BE)

These keys in exported parameter list should be filled in proper values..

Are you seeing these filled already?

Regards,

Liji

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are sending a new entry via a custom device (or as Liji mentioned - via a custom service probably added before the Validation_Service of the Flow Definition, MMW_Flow_Inbound_Client_BV), then the importing parameter of the Create BAPI wrapper should have all the key fields and other fields filled properly. Within the Create BAPI wrapper, you just have to copy these key fields value into the corresponding exportimg parameter key fields.