cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at Start java engine at SAPinst Installation(Phase 35)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm installing an IDES ERP 6.0 SR3 MS SQL Server Windows System.

Windwos Server 2008 Standard Edition 64 Bit Englisch

j2sdk 1.4.2_19-x64

MS_SQL_Server_2005_SP2

In Step 35 Start java engine I get the following error messages:

ERROR 2009-05-26 14:41:54.305

CJS-30150 Java processes of instance RID/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: ACTIVE, Java: UNKNOWN] did not reach state PARTRUNNING after 20:30 minutes. Giving up.

ERROR 2009-05-26 14:41:55.117

FCO-00011 The step startJava with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_StartJava|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Java processes of instance RID/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: ACTIVE, Java: UNKNOWN] did not reach state PARTRUNNING after 20:30 minutes. Giving up.).

In further messages I read that it ist perhaps a problem of the heap size. If it's the same problem please give advice how to check and change the heap size.

Thanks in advance.

Rainer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

If I execute java -version (not javac -version). I get the following answer.

java version "1.4.2_19-rev"

Java(TM) Platform, Standard Edition for Business (build 1.4.2_19-rev-b07)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_19-rev-b07, mixed mode)

Regards

Rainer

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I wanted to check is the fact, if javac.exe is executable - apparently it is, otherwise you wouldn't have got that (correct) error message.

What about the permission issue? Be aware, that the SAP system runs under account SAPService<SID> which is not part of the administrator group. So if you installed Java under c:\ and didn't change the permissions so that SAPService<SID> can access that directory/files, that can be the problem.

Markus

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is marked as answered can someone tell me what the fix was?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sapinst stopped at step 35 (or 36) - "Start Java engine"

jcontrol would not start and dev_jcontrol shows this error message - "JdkDetection_nnnn.class not found"

Our environment:

Windows 2003

Oracle 10.2.0.4

Solution Manager 7.01 EhP1 SR3

JDK - 1.4.2_24 rev-b06

JAVA_HOME=D:\java\j2sdk1.4.2_24

ORACLE_HOME=D:\oracle\SID\102

SAPEXE=D:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

checked SAP notes:

943602 Analysis of errors within the startup of J2EE Engine 7.0

940893 Analysis of errors within the startup of J2EE Engine 6.40

718901 How to change the JDK of the J2EE Engine

817991 Startup Framework fails when starting a JLaunch process

741289 Profile parameters of the J2EE Engine are lost

943498 J2EE Engine does not start 6.40 and 7.0

There were some solutions that suggested giving "ALL" permissions to the SIDADM and SAPServiceSID users to the disk drives that we are installing the software on - we did that as well, but it did not help us. Java engine won't just start. jcontrol would just die with the same error.

After spending enormous number of hours sifting through very few documents found on this error - I got fed up and here is what I did when I got the "JdkDetection_nnnn.class not found" error:

1. Logged in to the server as SIDADM

2. Opened a windows command prompt

3. ran this command -- jcontrol pf=D:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\profile\SID_DVEBMGS00_hostname

4. waited for 15mins

5. Restarted sapinst

6. Continued successfully

I am thinking that jcontrol was having a difficult time to start for the first time at Step 35 (or 36) during sapinst. When I started it on the command line with just the profile as the parameter - it pulled in all the required configuration from the database and started the dispatcher and server successfully. After that - installation went on smoothly.

Hope this helps.

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I faced exactly the same problem with javac.exe, SAP couldnt find it regardless that it was present in JDK home.

The reason and solution of the problem were the following:

1) my JDK folder "c:\j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64" became corrupted. There was a backup procedure on the server (with Acronis tool) and after that it seems a glitch happened on the file system level - NTFS permissions for JDK folder became emty and only two windows users remained in the ACL list (instead of 5 users that were there before).

2) So I renamed bad JDK folder and install new JDK - "c:\ j2sdk1.4.2_35-x64"

3) Since JDK path changed, I updated all related env variables (PATH, JAVA_HOME, SAPINST_JRE_HOME), also I placed JDK\bin folder to the first place in PATH var to make sure that correct java will be used from any location (check: java -version)

4) Also I updated text profiles in (\usr\sap\ID1\SYS\profile ) and ( \usr\sap\ID1\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster ) and deleted instance.properties.vmprop

5) after successful start of instance, I updated profiles in RZ10 for abap and in configtool for java with new JDK folder name

Now it seems it's ok.

Hope this will help in resolving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows page file can also be a problem. Try to increase it. If you have other SAP systems on the same server. Try to stop them. That solved my similar problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U r facing problem in Java it means Abap Installation has finished. logon with GUI run T-code SU01 create user sapjsf ith same password which u have given to all users. after do this sucessfully reastrt installtion. i hope ur problem will be solved.

Thanks

Presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Markus,

If I do so as described (javac.exe -version) at C:\...\bin

the system told me

java: invalid flag: -version

Usage: javac <options> <source files>

There's no possible option -version.

Regads

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus, Now for better Reading!

The file javac.exe exist under C:j2sdk1.4.2_19-x64/bin \I didn't find the logfile dev_bootstrap at the server.

I've checked the logfile dev_jcontrol.There I've found the following errors.

Bootstrap nodes

-> [00] bootstrap : D:\usr\sap\RID\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties

Worker nodes

-> [00] sdm : D:\usr\sap\RID\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\config\sdm_jstartup.properties

[Thr 876] [Node: bootstrap] java home is set by profile parameter

Java Home: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19-x64\

[Thr 876] *** ERROR => JStartupIGetJDKInfo: Cannot find Java compiler [C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19-x64\bin\javac.exe]. [jstartxxi.c 991]

[Thr 876] *** ERROR => can't get JDK information (rc = -1) [jstartxxi.c 1256]

[Thr 876] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => JDK Detection failed.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'JDK detection issues'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 876] *** ERROR => can't read bootstrap node properites (rc=-1) [jcntrxx.c 1282]

[Thr 876] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = -1)

[Thr 876] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode = -1)

I've read the SAP Note 943602 , section "JDK detection issues". The SAP Note refers to SAP Note 940893. The Note describes at Point 1 problems with find JDK. So I detct the actual Version of JDK.

D:\usr\sap\RID\DVEBMGS00\work>java -version

java version "1.4.2_19-rev"

Java(TM) Platform, Standard Edition for Business (build 1.4.2_19-rev-b07)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_19-rev-b07, mixed mode)

Also I've checked if there is a redundant JDK Version installed. At the Instance Profile there was the following entries:

File: /usr/sap/RID/SYS/profile/RID_DVEBMGS00_LIN0025

jstartup/trimming_properties = off

jstartup/protocol = on

jstartup/vm/home = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19-x64\

jstartup/max_caches = 500

jstartup/release = 700

jstartup/instance_properties = $(jstartup/j2ee_properties);$(jstartup/sdm_properties)

Also I've checked the SAP Note 943498. That SAP Note refers to SAP Note 716604 (Windows).

Do I have a wrong j2se Vesion or a wrong Windows version or whats the problem?

Best regards Rainer

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you execute

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19-x64\bin\javac.exe -version

with the full path? Maybe a permission problem?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Thank you for your answering.

I didn't find the logfile dev_bootstrap at the server.

I've checked the logfile dev_jcontrol.There I've found the following errors.

Edited by: Rainer Jansen on May 27, 2009 3:19 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> [Thr 876] [Node: bootstrap] java home is set by profile parameter

> Java Home: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19-x64\

> [Thr 876] *** ERROR => JStartupIGetJDKInfo: Cannot find Java compiler [C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19-x64\bin\javac.exe]. [jstartxxi.c 991]

> [Thr 876] *** ERROR => can't get JDK information (rc = -1) [jstartxxi.c 1256]

So is the javac.exe existing? Maybe you just downloaded and installed the JRE (Runtime).

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In further messages I read that it ist perhaps a problem of the heap size. If it's the same problem please give advice how to check and change the heap size.

Check the logfiles

dev_bootstrap

dev_jcontrol

Markus