cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS configuration - Transports between clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an ECC system on which I would like to configure 3 clients. Client 400 for DEV, client 500 for QA, and client 600 for PRD.

I would like to configure TMS so that I will be able to transport directly from 400 to 500 and from 500 to 600.

Could anyone tell me if this is possible and (if so) how it should be done? Could you take me through the process?

Many thanks,

Aldo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aldo

I believe Iu2019ve seen this question posted in the past on SDN.

In case you havenu2019t searched already, you may find many good links and documents.

This may be what you are looking for:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/44/b4a09a7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this helps!

PJ

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

sorry for the delay in replying.

I have found what I was looking for in a blog here in SDN.

Please refer to /people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

This blog shows how to set up a transport route between dev/qas/prd on a single system using clients. I know it should not be done like this in the real world, but this is just a demo system I am setting up. It will be used to demonstrate ChaRM.

Thanks again to all.

Kind regards,

Aldo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aldo,

In order to do this Automatically, i have posted a similar solution where this can be done between Dev and QA.

In order to import all transports in queue after every 30 mins, follow as below

Once you release you transports from 400, it should come in the Queue of rest of the clients, please set it up like that.

After that:

1. Select all transports in queue for 500 ie QA and click the button, Import All Request.

2. Once you get a pop up. Do not select import immediately.

3. Instead select " At start time" and then just change the time. Say its 12.30 right now. then put the time as 01:00. An select the time interval as say 30 mins.

4. For Client 600 also you can do this. But though as a normal process automatic jobs are not maintained for Production server, but since this is just a Demo process, and no testing is required then you can do it.

This shall solve your issue. Do let me know if you need help."

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aldo Lazzarini,

Can you clarify you are using three system landscape in single server .

BR,

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys. Thanks for your answers so far.

PJ: I have found other forum threads related to TMS but not one describing the process of setting up the system as I would like to. If you do, please post the link.

Rohit: I am aware that dev, qa and prd should be in different systems however this is a DEMO system for us and I need to use it for demonstrations of ChaRM. This is why I am trying to set it up as described. Doing the transports via SCC1 is not sufficient.

Ravi: thanks for the link.

If you guys could go more in details on the steps to take, I would appreciate very much.

Thanks,

Aldo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aldo

If you drill down further in the above link, you may find what you are looking for:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/44/b4a09a7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

u2022 Improved import controls

If you work with extended transport control, you can import requests into different clients in a system without using unconditional modes.

When you first import a request into a system, all the objects are imported completely. Any subsequent imports into other clients in the system only import client-specific components.

This makes it possible to set up consolidation routes and delivery routes between different clients in the same system.

Hope this helps!

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The link that i gave in my post has detailed instruction, did look at it?

In addition to it you may look at: http://chintakuntas.googlepages.com/TMSConfiguration.pdf

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is possible, you may do it through stms-> Transport routes-> Configuration-> Standard configuration-> Single system.

To see steps to configure TMS visit: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/32/d08d3880b8e060e10000009b38f842/content.htm

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all this is not at all advisable

Production client should not be on same server as dev and qa

even qa should not be same server as dev

however there is no need to configure STMS for that,you can do the transports between the clients using SCC1 directly

Rohit