cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Adapter Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am new in XI and have some basic doubts about soap adapter.

I am working on scenario in which I have to pick a xml file from a folder from my own system send that file on partner`s url and partner will acknowledge for that at same time and I have to save that acknowledgment.

For picking file from my own system I had used file adapter and for sending it to partner`s url I had used soap adapter.

As I am sending xml file directly i dnt require any mapping ,so I had not done any configuration on IR, I had only configured ID. I am able to send message but now I don`t know how to receive acknowledgment.

1) Do i need to use synchronous communication for this purpose?

2) If yes, is it necessary to configure IR as there is no option of synchronous communication in ID?

3) How should I configure the receiving part of this scenario?

Thanks,

Brij

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

If you need a transport acknowledgment,then you can do that via BPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

If you need an application acknowledgment,then you can use standard adapter modules to receive response from SOAP system.

There is a thread/wiki on SDN for File to RFC(synchronous) without BPM,your case should be pretty much the same,just search that wiki and you can proceed as give in that thread for synchronous interface

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it means for application acknowledgments It is necessary to configure IR.

This question may sound stupid... but having experience with XI first time

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you imported the WSDL for sending the message via SOAP as you need to map your file format to SOAP which means you need to create objects in IR (Unless soap does not require data )

but this is not the case for you.. as you are sending some data

Also if WSDL going to return you the response then no need of going for BPM ..

In case if you need transport ACK need to go for BPM..

First I suggest you to check the WSDL provided by the partner

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i am not wrong....the Transport Acknowledgement option mentioned in the blog gives you an acknowledgement from the Adapter Engine and not from the receiver......this type of acknowledgement is used when you want to ensure that the mesage has successfully passed out of XI.....however in this case Transport option will not work....and also not a good option....WHY??

AE tries sending a mesage for a default of 3 times before terming it with a System Error....so with transport acknowledgement you will get the acknowledegment 3 times (in case of failure)...also you will have to wait for 15 mins......instead it is always better to develop that step as synchronous which ensures quick response.....i have tried the Transport Acknowledgement personally and hence suggesting it as a last option......

Regards,

Abhishek.