cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude SMSY from refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our three systems SolMan landscape (Development, QA & Production systems), we have a weekly refresh of the QA system database by the Production system database.

This refresh includes all SMSY data. We would like to exclude the SolMan system landscape from the refresh procedure, because :

- It causes problem for some trusted RFC destinations, that do not work anymore after the refresh and must always be recreated.

- It is just not practical, because in the QA system we use only test logical components, and have no use for the ones defined in the production system.

Is there some easy way to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your QA system is in Solman SMSY, then in any case you can't avoid the loss of working RFCs for QA, after refresh

'We would like to exclude the SolMan system landscape from the refresh procedure' means ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that I would like the SMSY in my QA system to stay as it is, and not to be a mirror of the Prod. system SMSY after the refresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to say, but it's really not possible

you have to reconfigure the RFCs everytime because the secure storage becomes 'invalid' after refresh.

However, it doesn't take much time to put the login details again there for RFCs. RFC doesn't need to be re-created but only the secure storage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact until now I did recreate all the trusted RFCs, and it takes quite a lot of time.

How would you go to recreate only the necessary parts ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After refresh, when you open any particular RFC in QA which is related to Solman, the error which comes is something like, 'secure storage invalid' or if you do the connection or authorization tests for those RFCs, the error shows 'couldn't retrieve the seucure storage details or login details',

So normally, only the login details become invalid after refresh, rest of the details remain unaffected. So you have to just put the correct login details agin in RFC.

Answers (0)