cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to jms scenario issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I have PAYEXT IDocs and EUPEXR Idocs coming to XI which needs to be delivered to same target JMS queue.

I have used two mapping as they are two different IDocs. The target message structure is same for both.

Now at runtime I receive IDocs in random order, what I need to ensure is for a set of PAYEXT IDocs I have a following 1 EUPEXR IDoc. So I need to first guarantee that all PAYEXT IDocs have been sent then I can sent the EUPEXR IDoc for that set.

There is a relation between PAYEXT and EUPEXR where for a set of messages coming to XI, for number of PAYEXT there will be one EUPEXR and the EUPEXR.E1EDRD1 contains all the IDoc numbers of PAYEXT.

Thanks in advance.

Ravijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the first part :

sending PAYEXT first and then EUPEXR you need to do on your own in ERP

then you can queue in WE20 in ERP (if it's WAS 640 or more)

to send them correctly to jms

only this way all PAYEXT will end up in the queue before EUPEXR will

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, I have ERP (WAS 640 or more). What parameters I need to set in WE20, I know in output mode there you have an option (1) Transfer IDocs immed (2) Collect Idocs. Here if I select collect IDocs will it solve my problem or are there any other parameters I need to set.

Also there is option (1) Start subsystem (2) Do not start subsystem, which I do I need to select it.

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

after you select the port

if the port is RFC then you will see a field for queue name

this is the place

of course this scenario (idocs with queues) is also described in my book:

http://www.sap-press.de/katalog/buecher/titel/gp/titelID-2086?GalileoSession=50249550A39Xd..iZgI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I ordered your book last week and hope to get it this week

One more doubt I had, in the receiver jms adapter is there any properties to set to make EOIO communication. As in my case now I have ensured that ECC will be sending the messages in sequence as you suggested but want to know if the receiver jms adapter will be deliviring it in sequence.

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - JMS adapter is able to process messages EOIO. Just chhose from the drop down menu.

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was asking about quality of service in receiver jms adapter? Can we set EOIO somewhere in receiver jms communication channel.

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to SAP Help:

Delivery Mode of Message Producer: Specify the quality of service of the message producer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am ensuring from sender SAP R3 system to send the messages in queue( PAYEXT and EUPEXR are coming in sequence). I see the timestamp of messages in SXMB_MONI and there if I see EXECUTED FROM column I see all PAYEXT messages arriving before EUPEXR. But if I see END TIME there I see all messages are getting processed in parallel and there EUPEXR message got processed in less time and PAYEXT took more time, so as the messages are leaving SXMB_MONI they are not in sequence as they were received from source.

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravijeet,

As you mentioned earlier you both messages are relevant. You have two options..

1. Create BPM so that you can decide which message need to send first.

2. Or as suggested by michael at SAR R/3 level make sure you send PAYEXT before EUPEXR . However SAP XI side you need to assign one single dedicated queue so that all messages will be queue in one single Message queue. You can set dedicated queue to your interface ( SXMB_ADM-->Manage Queues) so that the messages willl be process in the sequence they have received.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Nilesh