cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features of XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Does anybody know will the following features be implemented in new SP (17-19) of XI?

- Scheduling/Debug/Quck UI for BPM (like Oracle BPEL)

- Support of XI (Java Mapping/Adapters/Modules) by SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.

I think the last feature will significantly reduce learning curve for developer and ruduce cost of XI projects.

Message was edited by: Sergey A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergey,

Scheduling:

Scheduling is possible within XI. To know how to do it go through /people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

Debug:

If you want to debug / test your mapping follow the steps given in: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

If you want to check your configuration correct or not then login to Integration Directory and in the Menu "Tools --> Test Configuration". You specify your Sender communication party, service, interface, namespace and Receiver Communicaiton party and service. Also give the Payload and click on "Test Configuration --> Run".

Support of XI with Netweaver Developer Studio:

It is possible to use the objects that are developed using NWDS in XI and viceversa. For Java mappings follow:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/02/25/simple-java-code-in-graphical-mapping--xi

Also we can develop or use adapter modules / mappings which were developed in XI with NWDS and viceversa.

Regards,

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan

> Scheduling is possible within XI. To

It is no inteded for BPM sheduling

> Also we can develop or use adapter modules / mappings > which were developed in XI with NWDS and viceversa

It is not a native support. It is a pain to support all needed jars, interfaces. Adapter Development (for XI) is really diffucult without help of IDE.

It is not possible to debug BPM in IB (like Integration Directory Test Configuration)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

There is no support for the Scheduling as of now. But there is a suggestion to use Etxernal Scheulers like Redwood.

<i>It is not possible to debug BPM in IB (like Integration Directory Test Configuration)</i>

You can check for Syntax Check. And only option is to debug thru SXMB_MONI->PE or SXMB_MONI_BPE

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)