cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MTE class assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had configured the system monitoring for satellite system. But when i check the alerts in tcode SOLUTION_MANAGER and click on the link on the alerts for e.g. Response time; it says no MTE class assigned.

Where can i assign MTE class for the satellite system in solution manager? How to check which MTE class to assign?

Waiting for reply....

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means. 'Setup System Monitoring' is not done correctly.

Are all three Monitoring RFCs working fine for this remote system ? In 'Setup system monitoring' screen, are you able to see the node for this remote system as 'green' ? and is CCMS context visible for this remote system's server/instance ?

All these things in DSWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In 'Setup system monitoring' screen, i am able to see the node for this remote system as green.

Now the message in the system monitoring under the Nodes is showing "Cannot determine RFC destination for MTE".

Do u have solution for this.

Thanks,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan

while doing setup system monitoring, the MTEs which were fetched with the earlier ccms context was i think different from the current context.

check the ccms context in setup system montroing screen, is it for the current instance of the remote system ? and all three monitoring RFCs working for this remote system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks...i got it.

Regards,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

What did you do to resolve this error?

I'm getting the same error but neither yours nor any other related thread answers this one.

Please help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow below step:

1 Login to the OS level of satellite system and execute the below command.

sapccm4x -R pf=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_D01_<hostname>

2. Go to t code rz21 and select topology

Click on Agents for Remote System & click on Display overview

3.Login to CEN Server & go to T-code RZ21 & Activate system central dispatching

Activate background dispatching from Technical infrastructure menu

4. Check RFC in satellite and CEN

Go to T-code SALRT1 & maintain that created RFC <name> and save

5. Activate the alrtinbox service in SICF T-Code. SAP -> BC -> BSP -> Sap -> alrtinbox

Go to T-Code Alrtcatdef to create the category. Select CCMS Alerts & click on Change

assign sender and receiver

6. Enter the T u2013 code rz21

Click on Methods

Call on Related MTE Class

Click On display / change button

Select method assigned to MTE Class

Create the same method in MTE Class window

Enter MTE class name and method name

Save and go -> back

7. Enter t code rz20

create satelite sysem

activate maintance function

assign MTE class to specified method

Regards,

kalees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalees,

Thanks for response. I'm able to create satellite system in RZ20 CEN and it is fetching values as well. I'm facing error "Cannot determine RFC destination for MTE "when I try to access satelliye system MTEs from CEN.

In detail -

I logon to CEN, goto RZ20 -> Self-created monitor set -> My satellite system

When I select any monitoring object and click on "Properties" (to change threshold values for that MTE), I get error "RFC destination for MTE <SID>\<Monitoring object> cannot be determined"

I have checked all RFC destinations, they are working fine. I have configured CCMS monitoring for 12 systems. 11 systems are working fine, only 1 system is giving me this error.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just had the same issue. I fixed it by checking rz21 - topology - system overview. The wrong read destination was dispalyed. I correcte this and was able to complete the alerts.