Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner - Data updation field wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a legacy system for Customers data and it has been migrated to Business Partner module now.

Both the systems are running in parallel with SAP as Slave.

I have detailed list of fields from the table in Legacy system which have been mapped with BP tables.

The things as of now stands as

1. I have got the details of legacy system fields and the tables.

2. dont have the details of the linkages og the fields from Legacy to Business partner.

Now when i am running a file which has he data from legacy and this also post in to BP.

I wants to know which fields are getting updated in Business partner.

I know this may be dfficult to find, but please let me know if there is a way.

What are the options i have.

In case more explaintaion is required, let me know.

8 REPLIES 8

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

are you talking about ECC or CRM system?

You want to know which legacy field got mapped to which SAP fields, if i m not wrong??

What is the interface program you are using? is it idoc or some middleware tool??? how are you transferring data?

you must be having a mapping sheet to transfer data isnt it?

ags.

0 Kudos

I wants to know which fields get updated in SAP from legacy system.

Unfortunately, i dont have the document which has all the field by field mapping details.

What i require is a way to know which fields are populated in SAP BP once the transaction is migrated from legacy system to SAP BP.

Hope this makes bit clear.

0 Kudos

hi,

you want to know wic are all fields which gets updated when u run Tcode: BP????///

Goto ST05. Activate the trace.

now run BP tcode.

Once you come back to ST05 use Display trace and you get all the fileds affected during BP tcode.

hope it helps.

Ags.

0 Kudos

In the select trace i have checked SQL trace and remaining options are unchecked.

Then Clicked on activate trace

After this i created a BP.

Then came back to Display trace.. nothing is appearing except a informaton message" Switch off the trace or use another function--> Long text

Plz suggest

Am i doing correctly

I guess i corrected this.. i need to deactivate the trace before pressing display trace.

Also wat i want is which fields in BP gets updated when a new record is migrated from legacy system.

Edited by: Rajesh Sharma on May 27, 2009 2:34 PM

0 Kudos

hi,

You can have plenty numbers of field for updating the details of BP.

In CRM system you will have diff tables and Ecc diff.

Customer BP updated to : KNA1

Vendor BP updated to : LFA1

It goes on.

If you are a bit specific about your update process and system then i can figure out.

Or else you do a F1 on the field on Tcode: BP. you will get table name in tech attrbute.

ags.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick responses. They are very helpful

I have the details of fields name of the legacy system which will be migrated to SAP BP.

These fields are mapped to SAP BP.. but we dont have this particular document which have the field mapping details b/w legacy and SAP BP. ( Dont ask where it is or why)....

This is a file based upload into SAP BP.

0 Kudos

hi rajesh,

got your concern. We often face this situation in Data migration.

Look the tables cant be told jiffy since it is like crucial master data stuffs. You need to have a good understanding of SAP BP to get some details of different tables hit.

I got some of this tables we usually use.

Look if they have your UPLOADED data after you run the upload prog.

line:----

BUT000 : BP: General data - Contains Business Partner Number, Partner Category, Partner Type, First Name, Last Name etc.

- BUT020 BP: Addresses

- BUT050 BP relationships/role definitions: General data - Contains Relationship, Partner Number (PARTNER1), Relationship Category

- BUT051 BP Relationship: Contact Person Relationship Similar to

- BUT050 additionally contains Contact Person's Address data

- BUT0BK Business Partner: Bank Data & Details BP Number, Bank Key, Bank Country Key, Bank Account Number

- BNKA Bank Master Data

- BUT100 BP: Roles

- ADR2 Telephone Numbers (Business Address Services)

- ADR6 SMTP Numbers (Business Address Services) - Contains Email u2013 Id of the BP.

- ADRC Addresses (Business Address Services) - BP's Complete Address Details- City, Country, Post Code, District,

Street, Title No Etc

- TSAD3T Table containing the Title text against a Title No.

- COMM_PRODUCT Master Table for Product

- CRMM_BUAG Master table for Business Agreement

- CRMM_BUAG_H Header Data for Business Agreement such as Tax Category, Tax Characteristic, Form key, Business Agreement Class. Data in this table correspond to ISU

- CRMD_OPPORT_H OPPORTUNITY HEADER DATA

- CRMD_ORDERADM_H Contains the Header Information for a Business Transaction.

Note:

1. It doesn't store the Business Partner responsible for the transaction. To get the Partner No, link it with

CRM_ORDER_INDEX.

2. This table can be used for search based on the Object Id(Business Transaction No).

- CRMD_OPPORT_H OPPORTUNITY HEADER DATA

- CRMD_CUSTOMER_H Additional Site Details at the Header Level of a Business Transaction

- CRMC_PROC_TYPE Master table Business Transaction Type

- CRMC_PARTNER_FCT Definition of Partner Functions

- SCPRIOT Priorities for Activities with priority text.

- CRMC_PROC_TYPE_T Text for a transaction type

- CRMC_ACT_OBJ_T Objective Number and Text for Activities

- TJ30T All the status code and text

- CRMC_PR_ASSIGN : Transaction Type and its Transaction Type Object.

- IBIB : Installed Base/Ibase

- IBIN : Installed Base Components

line:----

ALSO please go thru these docs for an overview of BP:

help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/EN/data/pdf/CABP/CABP.pdf

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46b/en/data/en/pdf/LOBP.pdf

Ags.

Edited by: ags on May 27, 2009 6:48 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks for all the support.

Please add if you have anything more.