cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking column is grey and not allowing to enter the picking quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts

when I create one delivery and click on picking tab, Picking column appears in grey mode and does not allow to enter the picking quantity.

I have activated the Picking relevence in Delivery Item category.

WM is not activated for this plant/ storage location.

I am getting the text in NOT RELEVENT FOR PICKING in Overall pick status column in overview screen.

Could you plz suggest where else I should check for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Neeraj Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Ensure that Warehouse is assigned to your plant/Storage location.If not assign by the path:

SPRO>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Logistics Execution>Assign warehouse number to plant/storage location.

Goto OVLP T.Code and Select your item category.

Check against that whetehr it has ticked the check box Relevant for picking.If not then tick it and save.

Goto 0VLP(Zero VLP) T.Code.

Select your item category.Goto Details.

Relevant for picking should be ticked and StLocation Required should also be ticked.

Determine SLoc should be ticked and untick Don't check St. loc.

Save.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

I have done all these settings and still getting the same screen and problem not resolved.

These are the basic setting which I have done.

problem some where else.

expecting more input from your side.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Neeraj Jaini

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj

Also check in the 0VLP what is the storage location rule. assigned.If it is MALA then it is ok but if it is other then MALA then check what are the configurations you have done in he storage location rule

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

Since I have copied from standard delivery type LF and didnt carry out any changes so far,

So storage location rule is MALA only.

its exact same setting as its for LF delivery type.

yet facing the same error.

Plz provide your input.

Regards

Neeraj Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

One thing I am not sure, if there is any setting in Material type or plant level or storage location level which might affect the Picking. If you aware, plz let me know.

Regards

Neeraj Jain

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj Jain

Also check in MM02 , wheather you have assigned any storage location rule ,shipping conditions etc plant/ storage location tabs. Secondly also check what is the item category you got in the sales order. , go to VOV7 and check wheather schedule lines allowed has been checked or not . Also check wheather you have selected sales orgn views, MRP views , plant / storage location views and accounting views for the material type. Let me know what is the material type of that material

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

Material type is FERT with standard settings.

Storage location is determied correctly as per std rule.

I am getting item category TAN as standard and in delivery also I am getting TAN only.

One thing more, I checked that at Shipping point level, there was one picking control so I even make them empty yet the problem is still persisting.

I have checked the material msater thrughly and even created one more material, plant and shipping point (All New ) yet the problem is still there.

Plz provide your feedback,

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Neeraj Jain

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Please mention the scenario clearly. Otherwise if your scenarion belongs to the following scenarios then you need not worried about the greyed coloumn.

In returns scenario it is not required.

In consignment also after fillup this will happen.

In One more scenario could be a Drop Ship ( Third Party )sales order where you do the PGI with Zero Qty.

Please do let me know.

Regards,

Satheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

first of all thank you very much for all your inputs.

Upon my investigation, it seems very unusual problem, when I create the delivery, Picking column is grey and storage location is there.

BUT when I remove this storage location and press enter. Column is editable (means I can enter the picking qty).

I again enter the same staorage location and press enter. System keep the Picking column editable and I enter the picking quantity.

Now this is very strange behaviour of the system.

Any input from my friends.........

Regards

Neeraj Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check delivery item category check it is relevant for picking or not if not relevant then make it relevant for picking

u2018it will solve your problem

Sageer

Edited by: Ahmed Shaikh on Jun 8, 2009 10:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case WM is activated in your system so system is not allows you for picking you have to pick by creating transfer order by VT03 check

It will not create by VLON1

Sageer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you dont have direct warehouse, need to be mapped lean warehouse settings under below path

Logistic execution->shipping->picking->under Lean WM so system will display the picking column.

Regards,

Ramkrishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

still not resolved

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj Jain

Firstly check in your enterprise structure assignment wheather plant and storage location has been assigned to Warehouse mgmt. Secondly also check in VA02 what is the item category and , go to 0VLP and check relevant for picking has been checked or not. If it is not checked then check the box and then create the delivery again

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

Thanks for your help.

I am not using any WM functionality so I have not assigned plant and storage location to any warehouse.

I have done setting for delivery item category also and tick against "Relevent for picking".

Yet the problem remain same.

Plz help.

Regards

Neeraj Jain