Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping and Monitoring in B2B(Seeburger adapters) scenarios

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to go for B2B integration using SEEBURGER adapters in place.In that case where should i do the EDI mapping ? Can it be done using Message mapping in XI or SEEBUERGER BIC is mandatory for mapping ? Right now i have only SEEBURGER adapters in place but no SEEBURGER BIC.How should i procced ?

How monitoring of messages will be done in XI with SEEBUERGER ADAPTERS ?

Suggestions please

Thanks,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as far as I know the mappings are done in XI

for example with EDI you just do the mapping from IDOC-XML to EDI-XML

and then the adapter just changes EDI-XML to EDI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your early response..

let me suppose i have B2B scenario EDI(ANSI 850) to ORDERS .

In the above case:

Do i need to get the XSDs for ANSI-850 from SEEBURGER or i have to create my own structure in XI.In case if we have to create in XI,Is it possible to handle complex hierarchical levels in EDI structure using graphicalmapping or i need to go for JAVA mapping?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do i need to get the XSDs for ANSI-850 from SEEBURGER or i have to create my own structure in XI.

You can get the XSD available from Seeburger. No need to create your own structure.

In case if we have to create in XI,Is it possible to handle complex hierarchical levels in EDI structure using graphicalmapping or i need to go for JAVA mapping?

Yes, it is possible with the message mapping. In fact, EDI to Idoc mapping is done using Message Mapping comfortably. But if you are not using BIC, then you will have to create your own adapter module.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Michal,

>

> Thanks for your early response..

>

> let me suppose i have B2B scenario EDI(ANSI 850) to ORDERS .

>

> In the above case:

> Do i need to get the XSDs for ANSI-850 from SEEBURGER or i have to create my own structure in XI.In case if we have to create in XI,Is it possible to handle complex hierarchical levels in EDI structure using graphicalmapping or i need to go for JAVA mapping?

the structure is all provided by Seeburger with their standard content (Seeburger SWCV).

Regarding the mapping, most of the mappings we had done for EDI scenarios were basically accommodated via the graphical mapping itself. But in your scenario in case graphical mapping cannot be used then go for a different mapping technique.

regarding the BIC mapping etc, note that BIC mapping is used at the adapter level (module). It helps in converting the EDI flat structure to the Seeburger provided XML EDI structure and vice versa. The actual business mapping i.e transformation will be done by the graphical mapping.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarish ,

So from ur explanation i could understand that SEEBURGER mapping environment is not at all required for mapping part of EDI-XML to Any XML .Please correct me if iam going wrong.There

Can i get a sample xsd for EDI so that i can import it in XI and have look and feel of its structure ? or do i need to contact to get those XSDs?

Thanks,

Ram.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sabarish ,

>

> So from ur explanation i could understand that SEEBURGER mapping environment is not at all required for mapping part of EDI-XML to Any XML .Please correct me if iam going wrong.There

Yes. That is right.

>

> Can i get a sample xsd for EDI so that i can import it in XI and have look and feel of its structure ? or do i need to contact to get those XSDs?

>

>

> Thanks,

> Ram.

you can find it in the SWCV of the predefined content from Seeburger themselves.

Import it into XI and you will find all that you require under the external definitions.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this workbench facility come with adapters it self

Yes. No extra cost

SEEBURGER mapping environment is not at all required for mapping part of EDI-XML to Any XML .

Correct

or do i need to contact to get those XSDs?

If you have Seeburger CDs, you will find it there

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be done using Message mapping in XI or SEEBUERGER BIC is mandatory for mapping

Use of BIC is not mandatory. You may do it in Message Mapping also. But BIC should be shipped with your adapters and the standard mappings in BIC will reduce the task largely.

Right now i have only SEEBURGER adapters in place but no SEEBURGER BIC.How should i procced ?

Try to install BIC on your server. The process would be much easier then.

How monitoring of messages will be done in XI with SEEBUERGER ADAPTERS ?

Seeburger adapters are java based. So you can monitor most of the errors in Runtime Workbench. Another important place for monitoring is Seeburger Workbench for specific messages.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Another important place for monitoring is Seeburger Workbench for specific messages.

Does this workbench facility come with adapters it self or ...do i need to get any thing else from SEEBURGER ?

Thanks,

Ram.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Prateek,

>

>

>

Another important place for monitoring is Seeburger Workbench for specific messages.

>

>

> Does this workbench facility come with adapters it self or ...do i need to get any thing else from SEEBURGER ?

>

> Thanks,

> Ram.

once you have installed n configured the seeburger and imported all required SDA files, once you go to the link http://host:port/seeburger you will find a monitoring area for all seeburger messages itself

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

You said we have to have Seebuerger installation. What are all the thiings does it come with ?. I would like to know what components does SEEBURGER offer in that CD for XI ? imean

1) Does It has std XSD available which we just need to import into External definition?

2) Does it provide std mappings for all the message type which converts EDI to XML and XML to EDI format?

3) Provides different adapters?

4) BIC mapping designer tool?

5) Adapter modules?

I have an EDI file msg_850_004100.xml from my previous SEEBURGER BIS related mappings can i make use of it in any way in XI jus to have look an feel of EDI xml in Graphical mapping editor??

Thanks,

Ram.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Prateek,

>

> You said we have to have Seebuerger installation. What are all the thiings does it come with ?. I would like to know what components does SEEBURGER offer in that CD for XI ? imean

>

> 1) Does It has std XSD available which we just need to import into External definition?

in the Seeburger SWCV under External definitions you will find the xsds

> 2) Does it provide std mappings for all the message type which converts EDI to XML and XML to EDI format?

the standard mapping is provided but it is usually required to customize them to suit your requirement.

> 3) Provides different adapters?

yes. depends on what you have ordered from the vendor. typically it comes with the Seeburger AS2, file and VAN adapter

> 4) BIC mapping designer tool?

yes.

> 5) Adapter modules?

>

Yes.

The documentation available with the CD will guide you to use all this.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sabarish,

very glad to see your patient replies.one last question . Is it the sdandard package that SEEBURGER provides as a part of installation ? or can i go for customised subscription (ex adapters only with SEEBURGER Mapping designer etc.,).

Thanks,

Ram.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes it is a standard package from Seeburger. I dont think they provide you customized packages. But maybe you can enquire with the vendor and check if they do.

very glad to see your patient replies

glad to be of help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please contact you local SeeBurger office for this,it mostly depends upon the adapters you want to buy,rest other things mostly comes with it.

You can buy adapters based upon your requirement

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, As Michal said, The mappings will be done in XI itself(in most cases !!!) ....

In Seeburger Bic we do XML to EDI and EDI to XML mappings and we generate a .SDA file and deploy in XI.

so the main mapping(logic) conversion to XYZ to LIST format or LIST format to XYZ format will be handled in XI

and the delpoyed SDA will take care to convert the LIST format into the EDI format and viceversa.(ofcourse we need to add few things in modules !!!)

To monitor seeburger messages......

go to -

> http://host:port/seeburger