cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Issue !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My requirment is that I want to restrict the change status from CLSD to TECO at project definition , main WBS and network and at activites level.

Once the Project is changed to CLSD , no person without the authorization will be allowed to change the status form CLSD to TECO for project definition, main WBS, network and network activities.

Please tell me how to obtain this !

Thanks ,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont think its possible by Authorizations. The option I could suggest is by using transaction control. Set up some user status and forbid the system status CLSD on that User status.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang !

Thanks for the reply , and could you please tell me how to set up transaction control and can we achieve this by validations etc . ??

Thanks,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define user status in status profile. Double click on user status on which u want to forbid the status CLSD. Click on create tab and Forbid the CLSD status for that user status.

This will imply that for that particular user status system will not allow to change the system status to CLSD.

Sarang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain user status for not allowing change for CLSD status to TECO status and maintain authorisation key for this status. Using authorisation object for user status and authorisation key you can restrict user to change the status.

Sudhir

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Sarang suggested, It is not possible to control authorization at system status. ( Because there are so many dependancy at system status level, so, authorization cannot be controll at system status level )

The easiest option is to use the user status.

Regards

Nitin P.