Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding SAP GUI Install server

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP GUI install server already installed on one if our servers. Last week on Thursday we imported patch level 11 to SAP GUI install server. And today users are getting message that a new version of SAP GUI is available ..

I tried to get these explanation of below questions from help available in SAP GUI install server itself but couldn't get it. And I must confess I am new this 'SAP GUI install server'.

1. How does local sap gui installation check of new version is available, how does it know where to (server path) look for new version.

2. Some users didn't get message that new version is available.

Help says 'After a certain number of clicks on the SAP Logon icon on the desktop, a check for updats is executed', what is the values of 'certain number of clicks'

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the SAP LOGON.sal file in your desktop .. press on it by right mouse clicking, and check the

"configure update check" you will see the "what is the values of 'certain number of clicks'"

If you open the same sal file using notepad , you will see the installation server where it check's it.

Also check the SAP services in PC.

P.S. you read not correct help, try to find in same place the

Workstation Installation Help.chm

Regards.

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> You have the SAP LOGON.sal file in your desktop .. press on it by right mouse clicking, and check the

> "configure update check" you will see the "what is the values of 'certain number of clicks'"

> If you open the same sal file using notepad , you will see the installation server where it check's it.

> Also check the SAP services in PC.

> P.S. you read not correct help, try to find in same place the

> Workstation Installation Help.chm

> Regards.

Thanks..

That explains why some users were not getting the prompt for new patch. There installation was done from local path instead of installation server. I changes the content of .sal file to add the server path in it and its working fine now.

Answers (0)