Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Client login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

do i need separate logins for individual clients. The user has a login for ECC Development system Client 010, however he needs to login to client 020 the sandbox.

I dont have any login to client 020.

How are the client logins controlled ?

Many Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All details of a particular user is dependent and enclosed for a particular client which is in SAP's term called "Client Dependent". For this reason, you need to have separate user ids in each client where ever you want to get access.

So, please request for a new user id for 020 too.

Regards,

Dipanjan

10 REPLIES 10

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All SAP ECC user accounts are client dependent. You can control or administer them centrally if you have set up Central User Administration (CUA).

Otherwise you'll have to administer user accounts in each client. So you'll have to find someone with an account in client 020 and sufficient rights for the task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see CUA in the menu but tried a tranfer user which said "is was not part of Central User Administration"

Would ther me a default account whcih i can use to setup my login to client 020 /

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos

> Would ther me a default account whcih i can use to setup my login to client 020 /

Best talk to the person(s) who created that client. They should know when it was copied and from which client the user masters came.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All details of a particular user is dependent and enclosed for a particular client which is in SAP's term called "Client Dependent". For this reason, you need to have separate user ids in each client where ever you want to get access.

So, please request for a new user id for 020 too.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As other friend said, IN SAP User account is client dependant,so every user has to have an account in respective cient to login.

You can check number of client in table T000.

Its better to create a CUA for administration to ease the work.

If you do not have access to client 020, ask the person who has copied this client and check which table he has copied or else you need to login using superuser access to create an id for youurself to create ids and provide users with appropriate access.

Thanks,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

prashant piacha i am feroz bhai frd faheem u know me as for u r question is concerned the

clients can be controlled centerally from one system if u have setup C.U.A

THANKS AND REGARDS

0 Kudos

Hi farooq,

I kindly ask you to use proper english. That makes it easier (or even possible) to understand your posts.

Personally I don't understand what you were meaning by 'prashant piacha i am feroz bhai frd faheem u know me '

Thank you for your understanding .

The rules of engagement on top of this forum gives you more information....

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Would appreciate if you could drop an email if you know me personally or through some other source,this forum is to help each other when there is need this is not like an Orkut to have personal discussion, farooq or Faheem,plz be careful about the rules in the forum.

Thanks anyway,request you again to improve on you launguage and read the rules again.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have inherited the system so i am unable to ask the person who originally setup. Which table in SQL will show me the login for the client 020. This will be a start as i will at least know which accounts have been created for this client.

Thanks DC

0 Kudos

USR02 is the one you're looking for.

If there's an entry for SAP* with MANDT 020 you can delete it and (if the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0) logon with SAP* and PASS.

If you need to set the parameter you'll have to bounce the system before the SAP* user with PASS is available.