cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. I have MDM Server on UNIX system. I have also configured Workflow with Notify Step. But i am not able to send mails using Notify Step. Error i am getting is Error: Could not send e-mail From XYZvat the rateabc.com to 123 at the rate abc.com

I have tried putting this Property Mail Server= with SMTP: IP Address/Domain name in Mds.ini file and restarted MDM Server whenever i made changes for this Property Mail Server= . But no mails are still sending using Notify Step so far. Is there any else settings left which i am missing.

2. In MDM Publisher, For Non family objects we can add Image but this Property is disabled in my case.

I am using MDM 5.5 SP6 (5.5.62.50) Version. Why i am not able to Paste External Image in Spread Mode. Another Property which is disabled Align and Distribute. it is also not getting enabled.

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

For your first problem there is a parameter in mds.ini file as Mail SMTP timeout. The default timeout for mail server is 1. If MDM doesnot receives a response from mail server within the timeout period it aborts the email task and will not attempt to resend the email. Just increase the value of this parameter(maintained in seconds) and then try again to send the notification.

Also just check the first u201Csenderu201D and u201Crecipientu2019 email addresses for an email notification. MDM while sending notification verifies these entries and if either or these are not valid, MDM aborts the email task and logs the error in the Workflows log.

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep Saini

1) you are checking your e-mail server

you should send-receive e-mail from any e-mail client

if all work good then->you are setting parameters:

"Mail SMTP Timeout=" - how long e-mail server responce wait