cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ecc6.0 AND Netweaver 2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I want to understand the basic difference between ECC 6.0 and netweaver 2004s.ECC 6.0 is abap and stack and if we want to java stack then do we install netweaver 2004s java stack seperately or we have a java addin for ecc 6.0 facility.If we install netweaver 2004s abap stack only does that mean that we have ecc 6.0 installed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got it, think of it as Netweaver being the OS (i.e., Linux) and ECC 6.0 the application that runs on top of it (i.e., OpenOffice.org). Further more, each ECC 6.0 component (i.e., EA-APPL) is like a particular application, for example OpenOffice Calc or OpenOffice Writer.

Regards,

Noe

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the main diffrence is the java support as in Enterprise Portal, Xchange Infrasturcture support wich is included in netweaver,in ecc6.0 you get R/3 and Bi systems which runs on ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Given the replies i got so i would assume that netweaver is a subset of ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NW2004s is the basic architecture and ECC6.0 built on top of NW2004S. The same way NW2004 is the basic architecture and ECC5.0 is built on top of NW2004.

Even we can install the Java stack for ECC6.0, since its top of NW2004s.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) These are two different sap products and both comes under ERP 6.0-->NW 2004s+ECC 6.0

2) ECC 6.0 has abap applications only but Nw 2004s has both (ABAP+Java)

Edited by: Manish Debnath on May 26, 2009 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ecc 6 is Comes under the ERP

While Netweaver 2004s is Sepereat component under which BW.XI Portal come.

You can install ABAP+ JAVA in both the Cases.

If you install Netweaver 2004s only ABAP it does not become ECC6.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if we want to go for java system in the landscape in which only ECC 6.0 is there except java add in is there any option to go for.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECC6 is the core component of Netweaver 7 (formerly known as 2004s)... If you have an ECC ABAP system you can either install Java as an Add-on or you can use a standalone J2EE engine.

Read the installation guides available at SAP Marketplace.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You Can install Java Stack with ABAP stacK with ECC by selecting the option BASed on ABAP and JAVA in the installation Master Dvd under the ERP tab.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan,

Since java add on is not a feasible option with EHP4 so we will have to go for standalone java stack.So standalone java stack would mean that we go for a netweaver 2004s with only as java.Please correct me if i am wrong .How do we know that it is compatible with erp 6.0 ehp4 ......

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since java add on is not a feasible option with EHP4 so we will have to go for standalone java stack

I'm not sure thats correct... anyhow check http://service.sap.com/pam

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked out in pam but couldnt get much info....plz help....

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish annapureddy,

Could you please check [this|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/57/a21f407b402402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Regards,

S.Manu.