Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizer in Planning board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario as described below.

A setup matrix with changeover times is defined for a charcteristic (width) in APO.

Planned orders created for the material are always with the std setup time defined in the PPM.

When I run the optimizer in the planning board I want the system to consider the change over timess in setup matrix and reorganise the planned orders to achieve the objective of minimising total changeover time and optimal resource utilisation.

But this is not happening. Even after the optimizer run, the setup times have not changed as per the setup matrix. Could you please suggest what could be the possible reason for this error?

Thanks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

Setup time is a functionality provided by sap for operation in a order. and making a set up matrix with the help of set up group and set up group category help in making decision for optimisation when you select reduce setup time in optimisation profile .

as you are saying that your set up time has to play a role with referene to characterstics (width) in apo.

i think you need to use variant configuration and you should write the dependencies on operation to select operation when characterstics is width with setup.

Maximum you can use this setup time in apo to minimise setup time with the help of setup matrix during optimisation run.

Hope this helps you.