cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a custom product for a web form/site?

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have a custom interface between two SAP systems it makes sense to have a custom product/software component to hold integration objects for each system (A-sender, B-receiver).

But I'm unsure of the best approach for a web form on our company's web site posting through to a SAP backend system.

I could just put all objects into the product/software component of the backend system but I'm questioning whether I should have a product/software component for the company's web site?

This becomes more logical when creating an integration scenario and assigning the products to the swimlanes as the sender and receiver - without a custom product you are effectively saying the same system is the sender and receiver.

Please let me know your views.

Thanks,

Alan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there are many ways to do that

did you check Thorsten's blogs?

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/07/25/structuring-integration-repository-content--part-1-software-component-versions

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2008/12/10/structuring-integration-repository-content--part-2-software-component-versions-revisited

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same Product does not really signifies that the same sender and receiver systems are used. It is more of a landscape design pattern. For your case, if you think that the Product should represent set of business processes, then all the communicating systems for that business process could use that same product. For different sub processes within a larger process, you may use several Software Components.

Regards,

Prateek