Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Statement Pattern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have been creating custom statement patterns and have noticed there is a menu item (Pattern | Dynamic Pattern). Could anybody tell me what this does and how to use it. I don't suppose it allows you to pass a parameter(s) into the custom pattern - like some of the SAP defined ones - because that would be very cool!?

Kind regards

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I'm not wrong...What you're talking about is the tool in the SE38 transacction.

It allows you to pass either a FM or statement and it writes the whole structure for you...It's great because it comments all the optional parameters, so you know which one you really need -:)

Hope it helps...

Greetings,

Blag.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I'm not wrong...What you're talking about is the tool in the SE38 transacction.

It allows you to pass either a FM or statement and it writes the whole structure for you...It's great because it comments all the optional parameters, so you know which one you really need -:)

Hope it helps...

Greetings,

Blag.

0 Kudos

Hi Blag

Thanks for your reply - you are correct it is the tool in SE38 (and SE80).

However, I'm not sure that you fully understand my question - either that or I don't fully understand your answer! From SE80 it is possible to create a user-defined pattern statement by going to:

Utilities | More Utilities | Edit Pattern | Create Pattern

Once in the Pattern editor screen there is a menu item:

Pattern | Dynamic Pattern.

If you select this it fills the pattern editor with the following text:

*$&$EXIT

Do you know what this means, how it works and how I might modify it to suit my needs?

Kind regards

Andrew

0 Kudos

Well...I guess that I didn't fully understand your question...hehehe...

Actually i haven't create any pattern...And at this time I don't access to a SAP System...As soon as I can, I'm going to give a deep look to it, and try to post something usefull.

Greetings,

Blag.

0 Kudos

see this answer: