cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM: NO INSPECTION LOT GENERATED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My client is using SAP 4.7 version. We are facing the following problem in QM.

1. For the Material QM view is active in material master, but no inspection type assigned, i.e. inspection set up is not maintained.

2. After doing goods receipt for the production order, (movement type 101); material stock is in QM (as per MMBE) but NO INSPECTION LOT GENERATED.

3. I have checked in the display document for the material document posted in goods receipt. It does not show any inspection lot generated.

4. I tried to assign inspection type 0800 from transaction QA08; but this is again not generating any inspection lot. However the material master is getting updated with the inspection type.

5. All the Quality masters like inspection plan, sampling procedures, etc. are in place with creation date before the material document posting date.

Please help in this problem, as it is live system I cannot try many options.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Vrish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered, debugged to overcome the error.

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi solmon

I am facing the same problem. Can you please guide me how to solve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please active inspection type 04 in material master and also check the task list usage in the inspection plan it should be 5

Thanks

Vinay

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to activate inspection type 04 in QM view of material master. So whenever you do GR for your production order,stock will posted to QM & inspection lot will be created.

Now in your case,you have done GR,so first you need to cancle material document (101),Then Read PP master data and again do GR for production order.

Now you will get inspection lot.

Regards,

Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain Inspection type 04 (Inspection for GR from production) in the QM view of MM directly in the Insp Type Tab in mm02.Now when you do GR, Inspection Lot should get created.

As far as existing material in QM is concerned; it must have been created earlier. I suspect that there must have been some changes made in the MM recently.

Please update ...

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for the reply.

There are no changes made in the material master as far as QM is concerned. I tried to cancel the material document as well but system does not allow, it says change the stock in QM only. My concern is for the existing material in QI stock ONLY. Somehow I need to take it out of QI so that my inventory doesnt go up, & subsequent processes are not affected.

Rgds

Vrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to take out material from QI. Then just do tansfer posting by T code MB1B and movement type 321

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thx for the suggestion, but i have tried doing it, the system gives the error, do stock posting in QM only.

Is it a version related problem, coz when I try to simulate the issue in my office version (ECC6.0) i dont get any error.

Kindly suggest.

thx

Vrish