cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically applying OVS on input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have table with drop DropDownByKey UI element in one column. In all the other columns i have input field. Now based on the value of the DropDownByKey i have to apply the OVS on the input fields of the table column.

Now my question is how can i apply the OVS dynamically.

I can not change the properties of attributes, so want to change them dynamically.

Thanks,

Reeha Verma.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I want to know how can i controll triggering of OVS dynamically.I want that If value in drop down of table is 'reeha' then OVS should appear in another fields of table .But if I select 'verma' from drop down then no OVS should come.For this I have to control triggering of OVS.How do it ?Pls tel.

Regards Reeha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

get the info object of your context node and programmatically(onSelect event) control the value help on the context attribute.

Data lo_node_info type ref to if_wd_context_node_info.

lo_node_info = wd_context->get_node_info( ).

Use the following methods to control the value help:

lo_node_info->SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP( ).

With help of this method you can pass the mode of value help and accordingly also control the visibility.

Thanks,

Rahul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the value of context attribute binded to dropdown(KEY) and accordingly formulate the Input structure and output table.

It seems that you have to do the data declecration in advance for all the possible values of dropdown.

If you want to avoid the data decleration in advance then i think you have to dynamically create the context node and attribute to acheive the functionality.

If you have limited values in DropDown then i think you can go with data decleration otherwise please try out with Dynamic context programming.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Standard View DROPDOWNBYINDEX of application WDR_TEST_EVENTS.

Regards

Vishnu Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I didnt understand why you wanna make it dynamic. you read the context node attribute holding the value selected by drop down by key UI element, in your OVS event handler and populate the output list.

Thanks

Vishal kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishal

I dont want to populate the data based on drop down .I want to have ovs on input field based drop down value.That is when another value is selected in drop down then OVS icon should not come, it shoul be disabled.

Regards Reeha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending upon the dropdown value you can disable(enable = abap_false) the input field. if the field is disable then F4 icon will not appear on the input field.

Thanks,

Rahul