cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver FILE communation channel error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getinng below error in receiver communication channel

what is the problem plz let me know.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: The Adapter Message Property 'FileName' was configured as mandatory element, but there is no 'DynamicConfiguration' element in the XI Message header: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: The Adapter Message Property 'FileName' was configured as mandatory element, but there is no 'DynamicConfiguration' element in the XI Message header

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

this means that you want to use 'DynamicConfiguration' filename

in the receiver adapter but you didn't assign any value to it

if you need 'DynamicConfiguration' assign the value

(for example in mapping)

if you don't need 'DynamicConfiguration' remove it's usage from

receiver file adapter and put the filename it in manually

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Please can you explain step by step what i have to do to over come this issue.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

First clarify if you are using the dynamic configuration code in the mapping?..is it a field in ur target structure?..

If it is check as mentioned above by michal.

incase u want the output file to have same name as input , you wil use ASMA in the rcv file channel check the box for file name in the same

Edited by: Ibrahim on May 26, 2009 10:44 AM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

File name is mandatory for a receiver file. you can name your file by two ways.

1. Manually by specifying it in the filename schema

2. Dynamical naming file.

In the Dynamic naming if the revceiver file name needs to be same as the sender file check this blog [he same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter - SP14|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2664] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];. To set the file name in UDF check this blog [Dynamic Configuration vs Variable Substitution - The Ultimate Battle for the File Name|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13704] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

I am not using dynamic configuration code in the mapping

Here my source and target structure are same.Here i am doing 1:1 mapping. In my mapping structure there is no attributes

I am giving adapter parameters like

target directory = my target directory (/file/out)

File Name = ZMPSXTRXMSTPNDG *.xml ( this Xml file has to create in Target directory)

File constructionmode = add time stamp.

Write mode = Directly

File type = Binary

whenever i selected adapter specific message attributes i am getting above error.

If i unchecked adapter specific message attributes I am getting below error

*Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: The parameter "argument" has the value "E:\file\out\ZMPSXTRXMSTPNDG *20090526-172050-340.xml", so it contains the character "E:\file\out\ZMPSXTRXMSTPNDG *20090526-172050-340.xml" which is not allowed: com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "E:\file\out\ZMPSXTRXMSTPNDG *20090526-172050-340.xml", so it contains the character "E:\file\out\ZMPSXTRXMSTPNDG 20090526-172050-340.xml" which is not allowed

incase u want the output file to have same name as input , you wil use ASMA in the rcv file channel check the box for file name in the same

Edited by: Ibrahim on May 26, 2009 10:44 AM

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on May 26, 2009 11:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

why do u need "*" in the receiver filename

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this discussion...it has some relevance to your case:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you arvind my problem is solved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. In the receiver adapter check if you have given a value for File Name Scheme.

2. For dynamic configuration check If ASMA is set and File Name check box is also set.

~SaNv...