cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent forecast consumption in APO and R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a couple of issues with consumption in our system.

We have a situation where APO is showing us consumption in the /SAPAPO/DMP1 view but no consumption showing in the planning books and the RRP3 requirements screen. Interestingly, when we go and change the sales order in R/3, the consumption then gets triggered in APO. So there seems to be some kind of delay and the consumption seems to be lagging a step behind or somehow a trigger isnt hapenning first time around.

The other is more a question...

If you do the F1 help on Fwd consumption in APO and R/3, it tells us that in R/3 consumption is based on workdays as defined by the factory calendar whereas in APO, it talks about consumption considering calendar days and not workdays and that its not possible to define a calendar to make it work with workdays.

We have fwd consumption set to 2 days and we have noticed that if e.g the order comes on a Friday, consumption gets lost due to the following two days being Saturday and Sunday. Whereas in R/3 it jumps forward and consumes Monday and Tuesday and ignores Satuday and Sunday (We are using 5day calendars). This is causing a big headache and consumption is all over the place.

any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have found the solution to half the problem. It was a system bug and the last sales order wasnt being consumed and there is already a note out for that.

Still confused about the workday vs calendar day issue in R/3 and APO. How do we align the two systems and get the consumption happening in APO for 5 days and not 7 days?

Regards,

Usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

I have gone through the post in SDNu201D Inconsistent forecast consumption in APO and R/3u201D which you posted on10/0406.Here you talked of a SAP note.Please forward me the note number if possible.

Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP NOTE: 0001238616 Newest sales order does not consume

Regards,

Usman