cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New depreciation area for an existing asset

Former Member

Hi,

We had some WBS elements and we did the settlement to an asset (in some cases only the periodic settlement and in other cases the full settlement). But after doing the settlement we would like to add a new depreciation area to the assets and we do not know if it is possible or not. The new depreciation area is a depreciation area that does not generate any posting. Is it possible to add now to such assets the new depreciation area?

Thank you really very much,

Ariana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member375980
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use program RAFABNEW for creating new depreciation area.

430618 (Procedure for setting up new depreciation area)

301113 (Restrictions of RAFABNEW)

421549 (RAFABNEW: Error with closed fiscal years)

Also, please ensure you followed the correct steps below when creating

the new depreciation area:

1. Create Depreciation area via OADB.

2. Activate Depreciation area via OAYZ.

3. Automatic opening of new depreciation are via AFBN and program

RAFABNEW :-

3.1 - Indicator: Leave values initial = not ticked.

Do not set this indicator if you want the system

to copy the values from depreciation area 01.

3.2 - Indicator: Leave values initial = ticked.

Set this indicator if you want to open the newly created

depreciation area without any values i.e. blank.

4. Recalculate depreciation via AFAR and program RAAFAR00.

Please be aware of the note 317806 for the AuC's (I guess your are dealing with assets under construction)!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you really very much. With this help I have no problems with the AuCs.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to use this program ZZAFANEW1 but I got a program error telling me that the program is not "Unicode compatible".

Did you have the same problem?

Can you confirm to me that this program could solve my case?

Description of my case :

I've got some AuC with investment measure (linked to WBS element).

These AuC have been created with 3 depreciation areas (01,20,30) and some have already some values settled.

We have added a new depreciation area 40 (no linked to GL ledger) and getting it's value from an existing one (from dep area 20)

And now I need to add this new depreciation area 40 to these Auc (with investment measure) already existing before the creation of this new depreciation area. (otherwise when transfering to Fixed asset I will not get any value for the new dep area )

The transaction AFABN can not be used in this case because no treating AuC with investment measure.

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem was similar to yours. But I solved it using AFABN for my AuCs with investment measure. You can use AFABN if the management of your AuC is not with line item settlement. My AuCs are managed with summary settlement, so I have used AFABN without any problem.

Regards,

Ariana

0 Kudos

thank you for your prompt answer.

In my case AFABN can not be used because my AuC with investment measure are with "line item settlement".

Do you know any other possibilities in that case?

Thank you

former_member375980
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a way .... Please read note 317806.

Best Regards,

Blaz

0 Kudos

thank you but yes I have read it . Perhaps I did not understand it well but what I understood is that the program ZZAFANEW1 could be used in that case a solve my problem...but as I explained in the previous comment the program ZZAFANEW1 does not work because it's not "Unicode compatible."

That's why I was asking if there was any other solution than using ZZAFANEW1 ?

thank you

former_member375980
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see ... so, there is no other report then the one from the note. But still, you don´t need really to create a new depreciation area for auc´s

It is not usually necessary to create a new depreciation area for assets

under construction, since these fixed assets are not depreciated. During

the final settlement, the new depreciation area is also automatically

supplied with values from the reference depreciation area from the AUC

(assets under construction) in the completed assets.

0 Kudos

in fact when we do the transfer from these CIP with only dep area 01, 20, 30 to fixed asset with dep area 01, 20,30 & 40 even if my customizing parameters in OABC and OABD say that the value of dep area 40 should be in default those of dep area 20, we have no value in the depreciation area 40.

That's why I wanted to add this new dep area in the AuC.

Perhaps is there an other customizing point that I missed in order to have the values of dep 40 same as dep area 20 in the fixed asset?

thank you

0 Kudos

My problem is now solved because the program ZZAFANEW1 is now working without any syntax error.

I 've sent a OSS note to SAP and they told me to make some modifications on the program attributes and that solves my problem.

The program attributes were not set correctly in my system.

- Go to SE38, mark the radio button "Attributes" and press

"change". Activate the check box for "unicode checks active".

Afterwards it should be possible to activate the report without

a syntax error.

Thank you

former_member375980
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is good news. Still, if you don´t want to create new depreciation area, you are still able to get the values to the new depreciation areas on the final asset. Please read note 300273 point 3.

Blaz

Answers (0)