cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering resultset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to filter the resulset of standard iview so i created EPCF event in MDM Result Set Ivew and calling the epcf event from iView which has been developed in WebDynpro.

But the problem is some times my customiview is loading before standard Result Set iview in this case filtering is not happening.Sometimes it works fine. Is there any way to stop loading the custom iview until standard iview gets loaded which is in the same page.

Regards,

Sandeep Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep Reddy.

Why do you not use standart functionality, so as EPCFLevel ?

You are need setting longest timeout for that's iview.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

can you please eloborate on this.

Regards,

Sandeep.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me understand it first:

You are creating a filter in WD and passing an event to Result Set iView to filter?

Then probably using the result set and item details iview to show the details?

is the event getting triggerred on load ? i dont think it would be. If so, then trigger the event from your custom iView onSubmit( ), this should solve your problem.

Otherwise, as suggested in above post, use standard iviews for filter and if required, use a mix of standard / custom.

~Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Let me explain the scenario,

I am using standard MDM Search Iview & result set Iview. I need to combine the search criteria of Standard iView and search criteria of Custom iView and display the records in standard result set Iview.So the option I have here is to filter the result set Iview with search criteria in custom iview.

So I Created an EPCF event in result set Iview and firing it from custom Iview.

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews", "updateSearch",

"MDMSystemAlias=ZCustomer_Portal&MDMTableName=CUSTOMERS&System=ECC");

When the page is getting loaded initially, resultset iview has to get load first and then custom Iview as I am firing Epcf event from custom Iview. So is there any way to specify the loading order of iviews which are in same page. some times standard iview getting loaded first and some times custom iview is getting loaded first .

Regards,

Sandeep.

Edited by: sandeep_ca Reddy on May 27, 2009 8:43 AM

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it would matter which view loads when.

I am also using a somewhat similar scenario where in i am sending a filter alert to change history logs view. the filter is custom.

The thing is, from your custom View, the alert/event should get triggered on some action on custom view and passed on to standard resultset view.

It should not be a problem. Try and test and let me know the results, then we can look into other options.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, I have same task and tried same code for my alias, table and field.

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews", 
			"updateSearch", 
			"MDMSystemAlias=NSI_PRODUCTION_ALIAS&MDMTableName=Assets&R3Code=411000000000000006&RefreshSearch=True");

I fire event (for my alias, table and field)

but not any resultset or Current Search on page is catching this search.

please provide which options must be set made for views on page so that result set to be updated,

I hope this may help

does it need to add some custom event to result set?

thanks

Edited by: Ivan Ivanov on Aug 21, 2009 3:50 PM

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivan,

I am using the following code:

For Item Details

WDPortalEventing.fire(
	"urn:com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews",
	"selectRecord",
	"MDMSystemAlias=SAP_MDM_Repository_Customers&MDMTableName=CUSTOMERS&mdmId="
	+ rec.getId() //RecordId.
	+ "&RefreshSearch=true");

For resultset

WDPortalEventing.fire(
	"urn:com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews",
	"getRecordByIds",
	"MDMSystemAlias=SAP_MDM_Repository_Customers&MDMTableName=CUSTOMERS"
	+ "&id=" 
	+ rec.getId()) ; //recordId

my requirement was to filter to individual record, which i was not able to do using updatesearch.

If you are using updateSearch on resultset, please check the property of resultset iview is updateSearch event supported and set it to Yes.

getrecordsbyids event is default event.

If you are using selectRecord on item details, please check the property of item details iview is selectrecord event supported and set it to Yes.

Regards,

Nitin