cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the field from multiple values to singal value for a char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am not able to change the value assignment field from multiple values to single value for a characteristics. This may be of some lots which are having multiple values for these characteristic.

Please let me know how to identify these inspection lot and batches with multiple values & guide me how to change these value assignment field?

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In order to change the value assignment, you must first remove the characteristic from it's where used.

This means you must remove it from all classes, and variant tables, then change the value assignment, then add the characteristic back.

Hope this helps. there are few SAP notes for it please search on OSS.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

Thanks for your reply. In my case char is defined for only one class. But value is assigned for various material and batch combination. Please explain that what are those variant table from which chars need to be removed?

While changing the value assignment i am getting the below error : "Multiple value" indicator can not be deleted. As per system I need to delete all the multiple value assigned to char? please explain this.

How we can see the batch where we can have the list of multiple value assigned to it? can we get this kind of report?

Please let me know

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

If you already have a class chareteristic with multiple value assignments and it is attached to Material and Batch combination. You need to first delete the assignments for this class/charecteristic and then change the attributes of characteristic to single value.

Since you mentioned that you assigned this to a material/batch type combination, I believe you have used class type 23 for Batch.

If you want to see all the materials assgined to this class goto CL24N transaction and enter the class name and type (23) and display the objects assined to this class this will give a lis of materials for which you have assigned the class and you can delete the assignements from the same screen, but make sure to notedown the material list and charecteristic values for each one of them so that you can assign them back once you are done changing the attributes.

Also if you want to delete the assignment from the batch master record you need to go to MSC2N transaction and classification view and delete the assignment and change the attributes of the charecteristic and reassign them to batch records.

RJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RJ,

Thanks for your response. I can change the value assignment from multiple to single value. To do this first i need to find out to which batch multiple value exists. from the list of a batch i need to delete the multiple value.

In order to acheive this How we can see the batch where we can have the list of multiple value assigned to it? can we get this kind of report?

Please let me know

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

You can use CL6BN transaction on the selection screen enter the class name and class type and Object table as MCHA or MCH1 based on if you batch is at client level or plant level, then in the additonal criteria check select characteristics and in the Display section select with assigned values then execute the report. It will ask you to select the characteristic which you want change selct that and click on copy then system will display the material and batch list along with values assigned.

From this you can know which batches got multiple values for that characteristic.

I hope it helps.

RJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered