cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Of Data from Sap to Oracle with the help of Enterprise Services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to transfer data from Sap to Oracle using standard Enterprise Services.Some fields were not available in the existing standard Enterprise Services,so we have enhanced the existing Services by writing code inside BADI available with Enterprise Services.Rest of the fields we have mapped with the existing fields available in standard Enterprise Services.But,the Oracle people want to fetch all data from Sap without entering any input as a mandatory field in the Enterprise Services.The existing standard Enterprise Services require to enter any field as mandatory and are not accepting the range in input for multiple records.e.g.All enterprise Services related to Sales Orders are displaying only one sales Order.We have searched all Enterprise Services for Sales Order(related to reading of data),but not able to find service which would display mutiple records without entering any input.ECC_SALESORDER009QR is the only service which is displaying multiple records without entering any input,but the required fields are not available in this service.So,kindly suggest what we need to do further.

1.Should we go for customization of services completely,so that it would fulfil our requirement.

2.Are there standard Enterprise Services exists which would we give us data in range(all records).

If they exists,please specify the names of Services for reading Purchase Order,Production Order,BOM etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Divya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can suggest 2 options:

1. Create composite service which is fetching data from multiple ES of sales order and combined then for Oracle consumptions - beware for bulk data ES is not recommended because of performance issue, monitoring is another issue here.

2. Connect SAP backend using RFC to Fusion to Oracle and schedule jobs to transfer data - Faster and efficient.

Use any of the option.

(a) SAP ERP->XI->Fusion->Oracle

(b) SAP ERP->XI->Oracle

(c) SAP ERP->Fusion->Oracle

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply.Please clarify what exactly you mean by creating of composite Enterprise Services,are you suggesting for bundling of Enterprise services.But we want to fetch all the sales Orders,so we require to call the same one Enterprise Service ECC_SALESORDER004QR more than one times.Should we customize the existing Enterprise service by writing code of fetching all the records.

Regards,

Divya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are multiple issues that need to be addressed. Basically, what you need to achieve, i.e. extract data from SAP and load into Oracle, comes into the domain of EII (Enterprise Informtion Integration) and ETL (extract, transform, load). Usually, there are special tools for this purpose. SAP provides some tools and so does Oracle. E.g. Oracle/Siebel provide something called data services. SAP is highlighting Business Objects Data Services for ETL.

In the absence of such tools, you'd typically be using file download, and upload mechanisms. You need to decide whether you want to use ETL tools for the required task or not. So the architecture of your desired solution needs to be defined first.

The second point to consider is that you want to use enterprise services to retrieve data. The enterprise service you have highlighted is not meant for mass data transfer. This means you might need to develop your own service for this purpose. Whether you extend the existing service or develop your own, the desired Quality of Service needs to be evaluated in all cases.

Regards,

Shehryar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your useful reply.We want to use Enterprise Services from SAP side for the data migration.You are right that the service which I have mentioned is not meant for mass data transfer,but we have one service ECC_SALESORDER009QR for reading sales data and it is also displaying multiple records.We have to send the data files from SAP in XSD format and it would be consumed by an internal tool made by Oracle people.Most of the fields which we require are not present in ECC_SALESORDER009QR service,so we are thinking of making a customized one.Yes,we have to consider the quality and performance issues for the customization.We have already enhanced some of the services in which few of the fields were not present using BADI by creating a structure of fields through XI.

Regards,

Divya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Firstly I would like to tell you that Enterprise services are developed on Business object.

So ES are basically used to design a process or make a process flow.

I dont understand y you want to use for data migration. ES are not for that purpose !!

Regards,

Vaibhav Modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Let me tell you the objective in detail.

Objective.

To develop a package solution which will work as a bridge between Oracle APS and SAP system so that customers using SAP will be able to use advantages of Oracle APS for their planning needs.

This will consist of following major components:

OA Templates is an Oracle utility to load data from any legacy system to Oracle APS using standard flat files.

Oracle has developed an Application Integration Architecture which is a standard architecture used for integration of Oracle products with other systems.

Enterprise services is an SAP utility to communicate with SAP.

AIA canonicals are standard canonicals developed by Oracle where we have to map data fields from destination system (Oracle APS) and source system (SAP)

Fusion middleware is being used to develop application interfaces following AIA standards.

Tasks at stake:

Mapping of Oracle APS fields and SAP Enterprise Service fields to AIA canonicals

Technical work of developing middleware using Oracle Fusion

From Sap side,we have to map fields which we have received from Oracle with the help of Enterprise Services,rest consumption of these services is done by Oracle guys.So,suggest is there enterprise services available which would give us multiple records .

Thanks & Regards,

Divya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

I understand your objective, but SAP has not released WS from this point and may not even consider.

Reason i already stated.

For this purpose u can write ABAP programs to downlaod all the data in excel / flat file which u can use to upload in ORACLE.

Regards,

Vaibhav Modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Regards,

Divya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to close this thread.