SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Reduction functionality in IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you help me in understanding Stock Reduction functionality in IS Retail, i havn't used it.

Rest i am clear with Merchandise Distribution & business process Pull & Push.

See Distribution data sits in FRET table once we create a collective PO or using Allocation table.

now depending on processing method one can do distribution processing.

when do we use Stock Reduction functionality.

In spro Difference b/w site profile for merchandise distribution & site profile for distribution with stock reduction.

I hope you got what is my query.

thanks

jiten

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi Jiten,

Stock Reduction is a functionality which enables the DC the use the existing stock during the process of merchandise distribution. If you use this, the DC will order only for the excess stock. You will have two outbound deliveries created. One for the stock present in the DC and other of the stock procured from the vendor.

In SPRO, the node with "Site Profile for MD" is the older one used in the earlier releases which did not have stock reduction. The node with "Site Profile for MD with Stock Reduction" is the newer one available from 4.7 release.

Regards,

Mughil

0 Kudos

Hi Mughil,

Thanks for answering,

Site Profile for MD is assigne in site master from where it picks it while creation allocation table.

but

how will & where will we assigne Site Profile for MD with Stock Reduction.as in config both are define as a distribution profile for site.

001 is default in both setting so how system will differenciate between two.

i hope you understand my ques.

thanks

jiten

0 Kudos

Hi Jiten,

The dist profile is unique in Site Master . if you activate the "dels for stock reduction" .. the system automatically suggests that the " site profile for Distr. with Stock reduction" has to be initiated

jonk

0 Kudos

Hi Jonk,

Thanks you made my day.

regards

Jiten