cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible entries for a newly created field (in the field catalog)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Searching in the forum, I found that if I want to include an additional field to the field catalog I have to:

- Create a data element (data type)

- Add the field to the structure KOMG

However, I do not know how to add possible entries (F4) for the field.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link

[How To Add New Fields To Field Catalog |http://sapsdforum.com/2007/10/23/pricing-in-sd-in-great-detail/]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have to restrict the possible entries, then the data element of hte field you are including in the catalog should be the same as the data element of the field which actually stores the possible entries. Hope you understand my comment.

For example, if company code is stored in the table T001-BURKS ,with data element BURKS and if you want ot use this field in field catalog (assuming that this field is not in catalog as of now), then you have to use the data element of the new field for company code as BURKS.

In this case, your objective will be met. If the field you want is a Z field, then you have to create a Z table with your desired field and there you can maintain the possible entries. Once this is done, you can include thi sfield in field catalog, using the same data element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Press F1 on that field and goto technical details.

Note down the program name and screen number.

Goto SE51 T.Code.Enter that program name and screen number here and select the tab Layout Editor.

Click on change.

Your field will appear here.Double clik on that.Attributes screen will be opened.

Click on Program tab and then deselect the check box possible Entries and maintain the poss. entry key as blank.

Regards,

Krishna.