cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification in item category determination based on Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are having one quotation document (ZXYZ) and the item category determination we maintained is as below

SALES Doc + ITEM.C . Group + USAGE + H.L.ITEM = ITEM Category

ZXYZ + NORM + SENI + -

= AES

ZXYZ + NORM + SEIN + -

= AEN

(SENI = D.ITEM IS NOT BILLING RELEVANT)

(SEIN = D.ITEM IS BILLING RELEVANT)

We created many Service quotations , say some 1000 quotations till date . In some quotations system is taking AES as item category and in some cases system is taking AEN as item category . and in all the cases the Quotation document type is ZXYZ and the item category group maintained in the Material master is NORM only .

On what basis system is determining my item category in the quotation . If it is determining based on Usage then where we maintain the Usage (either SENI or SEIN)

Thanks in Advance & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find below the explaination for your query.

Item usage

The item usage indicator controls the system reaction when you process a sales document item in a certain context.

Use

This indicator can be used for determination of item categories, where you can use it to control which other item categories are to be found in a certain environment (text items and packing items, for example).

It can also control which items are to be billed in a service quotation or the corresponding sales order and which are only there for statistical reasons.

The item category usage can be defined using transaction 0VVW.

I hope this gives you sufficient information on the usage in item categories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampat,

0VVW is for defining the usage. Where do we assign the usage for materials?

Marthanda, I think we assign the usage in the customer material info record. Other than these I didn't find anywhere at the transaction level where we can assign the usage.

We face the similar problem in my project for preparing service quotation.

Answers (0)